Thursday, August 26, 2010

:) I heart Tennessee!

Today Nick and I had our first day date since 2006 :) We went to Gatlinburg in hopes of going to Dollywood Splash Country, however, they decided to be closed today and we didn't know til we got there.

So instead, we went go-carting, played laser tag, ate some ice cream, did a 4D movie thing, went horseback riding and visited the Smoky Mountain Knives store.

It was really fun. 
Then Nick found out that he made cutoffs AND his name was ON the list. Meaning as of 1 Sept 2010, my husband is a SERGEANT. It took him a month short of a year and a half. A handful of soldiers just made their promotable status and are all getting their e5s after a month. Stupid 25B lameness is what THAT is. Hopefully e6 will come easier :)

Horseback riding was SOOO awesome. We had the best guide. He let us gallop and he took us to a part where our horses would leap a little [I lost my sunglasses there]. Nick had a huge ass horse [biggest they had], Dan, who apparently LOVES to run. I had a sassy, full of 'tude half blind horse named Jesse. She was all attitude. She would stop in the middle of the trail. Go slow. Walk off the trail to stop and stare off into space, etc. She was crazy. But I kind of liked her.

Go-carts were alright, but laser tag was AWESOME. We were the only two there and it was fun. We tied at 800 points a piece. :) That's right, I'm a hooah hooah girl :) LOL.
NOM Wendy's!!

No comments: