Friday, January 7, 2011

Hoping...

I am hoping that I will get back on this blog! I've almost forgotten about it :( I still might be a little MIA in the next few days, but I promise 2011 will be full of obnoxious blogging from yours truly.

I don't remember if I said this since last month, but I love being home. Home = Tennessee. I love being around my family. I love it. I miss them soooo much and I never really realize it until I am home. I am so grateful to have married into one of the best families EVAR!!

With the new year, I started Stumbling. Thank you, Internet, for finding something else for me to get addicted to. LMAO. And Stumbling is an enabler to finding new recipes :) wooooooooo!

Today is my Day #1 of the No 'Poo Experiment. I found it stumbling and my friend Kandice had mentioned it a couple weeks (errr...maybe months) ago. So I was considering. Tonight was my breakdown. My scalp is SO dry and SO itchy. It's just awful. I have tried every dandruff shampoo there is and my head is still awful. So tonight was a baking soda & water mixture massage on my scalp, then rinse, and an apple cider vinegar & water mixture rinse. And no, my head doesn't smell like coleslaw (Aunt Cam :P).

Normally I don't make resolutions. Because I never keep them. But this year I want to make some "goals" - thinking if I call them goals they won't be so angry and relentless and "YOU MUST STICK TO ME" lol.

So here's what I want to do this year:
  • Explore the blogging world a little more.
  • RECIPES RECIPES RECIPES - find them, use them, share them!
  • Try to make the best out of the life in Ft. Drum
  • Read like a motha! I have so many books I want to get through this year and the Kindle/Nook Book Club will help, I'm sure :]
  • Don't be a pushover. Stand up for myself.
  • Pick up a hobby and STICK to it.
  • No 'Poo Experiment!
  • Make a better, stronger marriage for myself, for my husband and for my kids.
  • Be more patient with the kids
  • Finish my associate's degree and really research culinary school

No comments: