Friday, March 25, 2011

Laughter is the Best Medicine.

I'm a girl who enjoys a good laugh.

I spend a lot of time laughing each day because I find it incredibly important. I especially am finding it more important as I become more aware that I want to be argumentative towards other people.

I dislike how everyone [well, not everyone] thinks that every topic is so black-and-white. I'm a fan of the grey area. Pretty much any topic that anyone can debate, I can never pick one side. Each situation has its own pros and cons.

Examples:
Breastfeeding in public: BF advocates argue that society has turned boobs into sexual objects and they are NOT. Last time I checked, boobs are part of sex. I mean, please, next time your partner plays with your boobies during foreplay or during sex, by all means, smack him for the unwanted touching and say those are only for feeding babies. Furthermore, you will never convince me to breastfeed in public because I know that there are perverts out there who get off to me feeding a baby. I'd rather protect myself and my child in such an intimate moment.

Politics: I'm neither republican or democrat. I never will be. I agree and disagree with general standpoints of each political party. Politics shouldn't be black-and-white. In fact, I'm sure you'll find that many politicians who are of one party, don't believe or stand by every single thing their party "stands" for.

Abortion: I'm not prolife...I'm not prochoice. If I said I'm prolife, I'd be lying because I believe there are many instances where abortion is needed. If I said I'm prochoice, I'd be lying...abortion shouldn't be used as a form of birth control. See...not so black-and-white?!


I hold in a lot of my opinions and viewpoints because I don't like to argue with people. I don't like bringing out the extremist in anyone. Shit...I just don't like arguing with people about what they believe.

Why?

Because it's pointless. Beliefs and opinions are strongly rooted in every individual. A little arguing isn't going to change that. So I keep my mouth shut. Except for today...I had to get some of that out.

P.S. Check out this giveaway that Ashley at LMM is doing!! Nick is going to be sooo mad at me! :)

No comments: