Saturday, April 2, 2011

I caved.

I normally don't do the whole military wife thing. I don't like to read books or watch tv shows based on military wifieness. I dunno, it just bothers me.

I caved.

I ordered 3 books last month and they were supposed to be here 2 weeks ago but got "lost in shipment" - grr. Amazon overnighted them and 2 of the 3 just got here - HELL YEAH. I <3 Amazon.

So here's what I got:


I'm actually pretty excited to read them. Especially the first. I hope it actually helps me out. Because I am a mess because of deployments and what not. My friend posted this as her FB status the other day and I feel like it's so true..."Being an Army wife sucks...we try to be strong but deep down we are shattered." That's what I feel like...I feel like I'm shattered. A shell of the person I once was. This second deployment hasn't been any easier than the first, it's actually been harder. So I need something to get me through another 6 1/2 months!


I'm hoping to get my Diablo 2 on at some point today. Apparently I need to prepare myself for battle against Nick's Barb. Dammmn. He says it's legit. It better be. What a cheater cheater pumpkin eater. :)


But first I need to finish "A Discovery of Witches" while the kids have their Toy Story movie marathon!

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!









postsignature

1 comment:

Ross said...

They look like interesting reads! All I have to say is that army wives are amazing and that what you do is something people don't recognize enough. I can't imagine what it's like to have to do what you do!!