Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Been Hectic.

I feel like we're just now getting settled in...about midway through our R&R now :(

The hubs and I are going out on a date tomorrow hopefully :) I'm superly excited.
We've been doing really well since he's been home. We've not really argued or anything. We've had moments of annoyance but we have been able to just brush it off and not get worked up. I've been working really hard on not nagging.

The kiddos have been soooo hyper. It's insane!

I don't think I've blogged about the trip...so I will steal from what I wrote to my girls on Cafemom.

The ride down here was smooth sailing for the most part. I saw a shooting star right after I got on the road. I decided to not stop for breakfast and lunch and just book it to Tennessee, which ended up paying off in the long run.

Nick called me at 10:30 and I didn't answer because I didn't know the number. I was all "Shiz that was probably Nick" and he left a voicemail saying he was in Atlanta and would be in Knoxville at 12:30. Only problem was...I wasn't going to make it until around 1pm. I cried for like an hour because I was so upset that I wouldn't get to see him at the airport. Then Matthew had an accident in the car.

Then when I stopped to change Matthew and get gas (because even at 80 to 85 mph I really wasn't going to make it to the airport in time)...he called again and I answered. He said his flight got pushed back and would be in at 1:00pm. I could possibly make it. Then his little sister called me and said the two flights coming in were a 1:39 and a 2:00....so I had even MORE time.

We made it through the gate and were there 10 minutes before he got there! :)  Nick's mom and little sister Emma and his Papaw were there. Nick like booked it out of the gate the second he saw us and ran over to hug the kids...we were all crying. It was awesome.

Then as we were leaving, a woman walked up to Mom and said "Is he just coming home?" Nick's mom nodded and the lady handed her $100 and said have lunch on me. Mom said she wants us to use it for our date night! :)

We went to the mall and got Cami's ears pierced...which was sooooo hilarious. I'll have to tell that story later, when I do a Telephone Tree Tuesday and get the pics off my cell phone :)


Then after the kids fell asleep...Nick, me, his brother Zack, Zack's gf Casey and his sisters Kathleen and Emma played beer pong and smoked hookah (tobacco). Haven't had that much fun in a long time. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay! So glad you made it in time and that's AWESOME about the lady & the $100! How fricken sweet of her. It actually made me tear up when I read that :)