Friday, April 15, 2011

Lover Eternal [Review]

Just finished another amazing read....which is great after a few duds.
I'm seriously impressed with this series...definitely one of my favorites :)

Synopsis:
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war raging between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret bound of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Possessed bu a deadly beast Rhage is the most dangerous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Owned by this dark side, Rhage fears the time when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him.

Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant to Rhage's protection. With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. She lost her faith in miracles years ago. But when Rhage's intense animal attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain life eternal with the one she loves...


My Thoughts:
I want to say that I enjoyed this one more than the first, less Lesser talk and more Brotherhood-ness. I'm even more excited for the next in the series! Ward is an amazing author.

Next book I am reading is "I'll Scream Later" by Marlee Matlin. I'm excited :D
I also would like to tell my 2011 Book Challenge to shove it. Supposedly I'm 16 books behind...and that's after I downsized my challenge from 150 to 100.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To all the wonderful people who responded to Jessica on her "Misadventures of an Army WIfe" blog,

Tom and I want to thank all of you for the kind words you have posted on Jessica's blog. Jessica is currently in the hospital for an unknown lenght of stay and will require continued therapy afterwards. I was able to vist with her for about 1 1/2 hours on Thursday, 14 April, and she is starting to realize her actions last week as well as the events that led to her depression and suicide attempt. I did print out all your comments from her blog and was able to give her a hardcopy.

One of Jessica's friends had a great idea that Tom and I are following up on....an Easter Basket filled with notes and cards of encouragement, empathy, stories, understanding or good 'ole humor! If we could be so bold to the virtual community, we would like to ask you to send your thoughts, notes, cards, etc. to the P.O. Box below that we have now estabished:

Jessica
P.O. Box 292138
Columbia, SC 29229

I will gather them into an Easter Basket of Cheer for Jessica this week to continue to let her know she is not alone nor are the events she experienced isolated to just her.

Please do not send gifts or money....just your words of encouragement and prayers.

Please let the word spread.....

Thanks again to all you,

-- From the parents of Jessica....Tom in NM and now Sue in SC