Friday, April 29, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In (new :D)

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


Yay for new things to do :D Link up at Wife of a Sailor!!

1. Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together
We have lived separately a few times, but no more than a few months at a time. So I don't think that it would really count :)

2. What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today

I think that my favorite thing is the overwhelming pride and respect for my husband. It blows my mind how committed, motivated and awesome he is.

3. If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you?  submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
Not right now. We have plans to be a non-military family eventually, but for right now, it's all we know. It's what fits us. It's hard and it sucks sometimes, but it works.



4. What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife

Oh man. Homecoming. Just the word makes me wanna cry. I think homecoming is overwhelming. You have all these emotions and things you want to get out of you. I went to a few homecomings with my other wifey friends after my husband's first and I cried each time. I love the reunions. It really is overwhelming. Shoot, I cried for an hour on my road trip down here to pick Nick up from the airport for R&R. I was so happy to see him. I also kind of wanted to puke. LOL. It's also hard because they have to readjust. My husband has a really boring sit-at-a-computer-all-day job while deployed so when he gets back, it's a bit hard to be around a lot of people, noise or commotion. It stressed him out to have the kids going a mile a minute and doing all these new things and me bombarding him with all kinds of stories and just talking his ears off.

5. If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something?  submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s
Matthew Brian - Matthew is after the baby my MIL and FIL lost about 6 years prior to my pregnancy. Brian is a family middle name on my husband's side.
Cambria Adrienne - Cambria is after one of our favorite bands Coheed & Cambria. We mostly call her Cami which is my bff from high school's nickname. My husband and I could NOT agree on a middle name. I suggested Zee because all the guys in the family have Datsun Z's, but then I also wanted a combination of my mom and his mom's middle names - Marian + Ann = MariAnn. Nick hated that. So I googled French baby names and clicked the first link and then Adrienne was the first one we liked on the list. lol

No comments: