Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nervous.

I am NERVOUS.

Why, you may ask? Because I'm going to see the love of my life for the first time in over 6 months.

Now you may ask...why is that making you nervous?

Hmm.

It feels like I'm meeting him for a first date. I want to look extra good to impress him and I want to make sure that I don't make an ass out of myself. I am by no means clumsy, but I always find a way to fall, get bumped, bruised, scraped and cut, or just in general, be awkward. I think I just vomited commas. That's okay though. I'm nervous.

Today I made an ass out of myself at the car shop. One guy was asking how my car was and I was confused at what he was trying to ask me and then I was like ohh duh..he remembers me from 2 weeks or so ago. Then I started to walk off and the other guy said "Keys" and I didn't hear him and then he said it again and I was like "Oh yeah, my bad" Uhh. It'd be nice if I wasn't so socially weird.

Anyways...I'm very nervous about making the perfect impression when he sees me for the first time. Of course, I'm sure I could come in a potato sack and he'd be blown away :)

Last R&R I wore way too much makeup and looked ghostly. EW. So this year, I'm going more casual and laid back. I don't need to overdo it. AND now that I've learned a little more about makeup, I think I can safely say that I'll be alright. Hopefully I won't have to draw on half an eyebrow by then.

I'm wearing a dress that I have only worn once. I wore it right before I got pregnant with Matthew when I was 17. I never got to wear it again. I held onto it for 4 years, hoping I could wear it again. A few months ago, I was going through clothes and decided it was time to let go. I don't know what crawled up my butt (glad it did) but I decided to try it on one last time. AND IT FIT. *squee* So I am wearing that dress.....and flats. DEFINITELY flats. Maybe my Toms. So I can tackle him. Actually now that I think about it, the children won't be in a stroller this time (last time they were 12 months and 23 months old)...so we will probably ALL tackle him :)

Did I mention I'm excited?!

*sigh*


3 comments:

Mrs. O said...

I've been there too. After 13 months of him being overseas I was so excited to see him, but nervous too... which shocked me. You'd think it was my first date with him lol. I was nervous that I almost puked :(

Have fun and glad he's back.

Cole said...

I like that dog tag! And I just love that you vomited commas. :-) How exciting that you get to see him!

MrsMcDancer said...

Ahhh, nervous excitement. I swear I almost vomited in the minutes after his plane landed waiting for him lol. Enjoy your time together!!!