Friday, May 20, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in #41

I actually got with the program and put the number up there :P
MilSpouse Friday Fill-In 
1. What is one of the things you always do special when your husband returns from a deployment?  submitted by Keep Calm and Soldier On          

I don't really know that I do anything super special. I make him anything food-wise that he wants and  try to let him relax as much as possible :)

2. What do you do to help your spouse and/or yourself re-adjust after a deployment or long separation?  submitted by Diapers, Dogs and Deployments

With Nick's job, he basically sits in a quiet office all day long, so when he gets home, he is easily overwhelmed by noise or commotion. So I do my best to keep the kids more calm and let him adjust to parenting and all that little by little. I try not to bombard him because that's what I always want to do. I haven't been around him in a year and I haven't had my best friend to turn to for anything and everything in my day, so every little thing I try to bombard him with and I kind of talk too much and I'm sure I get really annoying. LOL. Other than that, reintegration isn't too bad. It takes him a week or two and he gets back in the swing of things. He's always been really good at communication and he's a clean freak, so if he is having a problem, he'll tell me and I don't have to worry about him tornado-ing through the house. He automatically picks back up with helping me with everything around the house ;)

3. Are you a crazy coupon clipper (I’m becoming one, so share your secrets with me)?  submitted by Married My Airman 

I'm not :( But I need to be. So I'm with Married My Airman, SHARE SECRETS!! :)

4. What’s your most treasured memory of you and your spouse (not counting your wedding – that’s a given)? submitted by Scrubs, ACUs and One Crazy Ride

My most treasured memory? Hmm. This is harder than I thought it would be. I know this is a bit harsh, but our wedding really wasn't like a super treasured moment/memory. It was just another day. Not that it wasn't important, it's just not a huge huge deal to me. I think I'm going to go with the day Matthew was born. It kind of changed everything completely for me. I think it really sealed the deal for me that I would never ever stop loving Nick. He was completely supportive, by me every second, you could see all the emotions run across his face - he hated seeing me in pain, he was worried when I had to be on oxygen and when they had to vacuum Matthew's head out and then he was still stuck, etc. And the shining moment in probably our whole relationship was the look on his face when he held Matthew for the first time (he was the first to hold him) - ACK. I'm already crying. It was just the most perfect moment.

5. If you could live anywhere overseas, what would you pick and why? submitted by Little Moments Like This

Hmm. Quite honestly, I would never want to live overseas, ever.

2 comments:

Sammie said...

Such a sweet memory! We never forget the days our children are born & watching our husbands get wrapped around those tiny little fingers is priceless.

Sammie @ http://militaryadventure.blogspot.com

To the Nth said...

The combination of good food and relaxation seems to be the key to a smooth homecoming. :-)