Sunday, June 19, 2011

8 months.

67% of the deployment is done! DONE! I can make it through this, yet!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Find stuff to do in the surrounding area that we haven't done before. EXPLORE. I'm going to ask my friend what beach she used to visit when she was here. Next Sunday, I'm determined to have a picnic at Remington Park with the kids (weather-permitting). I want to go to the Thompson Park Zoo, Syracuse Zoo and Old McDonald's Farm. Also hopefully gonna take the kids to the community center's splash park.

2. Regularly exercise. Tomorrow, no excuses, I will be trying "Boost Your Metabolism"


3. Drink more water. No soda. Been doing pretty good on drinking water since I got home. I've hardly been drinking anything and it's really taking a toll on my body. My newest habit is to always have a bottle of water next to me. I want to drink at least 1/2 a bottle before bed, 1/2 a bottle when I wake up and at least 2 per day. That's hardly any at all, but it's much more than I'm drinking currently.

4. KEEP my cleaning schedule. I'm still sucking at this. LOL.


5. Find a place to get rid of the junk in the garage [the broken appliances]. Set up a bulk pickup date with community center, also find out what I can get rid of.

6. Read 100 books and watch all the movies I have. Watched a lot of movies lately. I watched I Am Number Four last night. Very good movie!


7. Try to make the best out of the life in Ft. Drum. Not concerned anymore since we are LEAVING!


8. Pick up a hobby and STICK to it. I've been crocheting a lot lately :)

9. Be more patient with the kids. I'm still struggling here.


10. Finish my associate's degree. After the douchewipes told me I was done, I found out I still need to take a math class. *eye twitch* Currently enrolled and will be done in August.

11. Stop cursing so much. Modifying this: cursing less while frustrated or mad.


12. Take the car for regular car washes and vacuum at least once a month. Start washing at home!

13. Make a recipe bucket list. I want to make a 100 in 1001 list for my food blog. Need to do this soon!

14. Start the garden indoors and transfer outdoors after Mother's Day.

15. Start to get rid of the baby stuff in the basement.Go through and see what I can give to my friend Amber, Craigslist everything else


16. Make a 100 in 1001 list. Do it!!!!!

17. Write up a new budget. Keep better track of money. I completely forgot about this goal. It is ten times more important because we'll need to save up money for moving.

18. Become a couponing queen. I'm finding it difficult to find a lot of useful coupons.
 
19. Get everything fixed in the house - the kids' tub, the garbage disposal, the light under the cabinet, my tub's drain, the fence... I really need to call maintenance.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

By the sounds of the places you want to visit, you're in NNY right? I grew up there if you want any tips on where to go and where to avoid. :)

Elizabeth said...

Anddd...I'm special. I figured you were at Drum, but somehow missed #7 where you say you're there. Oh, and the best beaches in the area are probably Southwick or Westcotts (out by Sackets). And no, I'm not expecting both of these to be published, just figured I'd apologize for being spe-shul..

jehlik501 said...

I find a lot of lists like this on blogs and I'm thinking that maybe, JUST MAYBE, I should come up with one as well. Not to conform, but to actually get stuff DONE. I just don't know what the heck I would put on it. Sometimes I think that whatever I put on the list would be ridiculous and trivial. Hmm. I guess I'll have to think on it some more.