Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dish On Your DVR (2)

 

Sunday:

Next Food Network Star: Juba and Katy went home. I wasn't surprised really. I think that Chris, Alicia and Justin are on their way out soon. I still think Penny is a catty bitch and I really don't like her.

Keeping Up With the Kardashians: So excited that this is back on!! YAY! There wasn't really much going on in this episode except that they want to spend more time together as a family and showing some of Kim and Kris's relationship. Is it spelled Kris (Humphreys)? They are very comfortable together, like she was with Reggie.

Ice & Coco: This was a pretty boring first episode too, but it was interesting to say the least. I can't believe Coco is only in her 30s. I didn't know she was that young! I will definitely watch the next episode and hope that it gets better.

Monday:

Secret Life: I stick by my thoughts that Adrienne and Ben will not last. It was a strange episode. Really strange.

Switched at Birth: I really love this show! It's only the second episode, but it's soo good. I think that it's kind of crappy how much Bay's "parents" are forgetting about her and I see her becoming close to her bio mom and eventually disowning her "parents." Most of the episode I was waiting for Daphne to say something to her bio family about how she couldn't read their lips and they were making it hard on her. I like that she is hanging out with Bay's ex. He seems like such a good guy. When his friends made fun of deaf people, it was awful. I cringed. I love that Daphne showed them the sign for "I'm a Douchebag" instead of something sexual. haha. I understand Daphne's mom's reservations and frustrations. I think I relate more to her situation and agree with her emotions.

Tuesday:

16 & Pregnant: Taylor...the episode has been pretty boring. They are trying to figure out who will watch the baby. I think it's kind of dumb that they were trick or treating. I also am irritated at how many people are getting induced. It's totally normal to be 42 weeks pregnant. Due date is at 40 weeks because most women go between 38 and 42 weeks. I also love how she says we're going to have a baby in less than 24 hours. *scoffs* She obviously doesn't know much about labors. And what a cranky ass baby!! Jeez. She was whining the whooooole time. I think it was sweet that he was freaking out and crying. I love when the dads cry! And then they fail as fathers. Nick was never like that when we had ours. He was always so willing to help out. Even as a 19 year old father. Nathan is a DICKHEAD. He's so disrespectful. I was in awe of his attitude when it came to taking care of his daughter.

Wednesday:


Real World Las Vegas: From the reunion, I saw a lot of tension and then from the unseen moments...everyone was so close. Nany hooked up with everyone in the house pretty much (all the girls, Adam and made out with Mike). It's pretty ridiculous.

Hot in Cleveland: Elka flees to Amish country (on her way to Canada) where Joy, Victoria and Melanie eventually find her. Joy is still having drama with acting as the governor's mistress and Victoria decides to live the simple life with the Amish because they adore her. Eventually they get back home and the governor's wife makes a deal with Joy that she will get her a green card as long as she keeps her mouth shut and she will also get Elka pardoned. :)

Happily Divorced: I am so excited that there is another Fran show on air!! :) The episode starts with her husband of 18 years telling her that he is gay. She ends up meeting a guy (who is the dad on Switched at Birth) and goes on a date with him. He eats some truffles and ends up in the ER. It was a pretty good episode and I'm excited for what the show brings in the future episodes!

So You Think You Can Dance: Jordan & Tadd danced an African Jazz piece by Sean Cheesman. Sasha & Alexander danced a Contemporary piece by Travis Wall. Clarice & Jess danced a Broadway piece by Tyce Diorio. Ryan & Ricky danced a Lyrical Hip Hop routine by Chris Scott. Caitlyn & Robert (Season 7? who replaced an injured Mitchell) danced to a Jazz number by Sonya Tayeh. Miranda & Robert are dancing a Jive routine by Jason Gilkison. Missy & Wadi danced a Jazz routine by Sean Cheesman (to Judas r3hab remix!!!). Melanie & Marco did a contemporary dance by Travis Wall. Ashley & Chris did a Hip Hop routine with Christopher Scott. Iveta & Nick danced a Jason Gilkison ballroom routine.


I loved the routines! All so beautiful and awesome. I really love Jordan and Clarice - I think they stole the spotlight from their partners. I also love Ryan and Melanie. My favorite dance routines were definitely the Travis Wall routines. He is brilliant and he had some great dancers doing them!

Thursday:


So You Think You Can Dance: Loved the opening routine by Sonya Tayeh. She is a brilliant choreographer!! My next thought is to Keri Hilson or whatever her name is. If you can't sing and dance, don't pretend that you're singing. I don't see the point in it. If you cannot do both at the same time, then pick one and stick with it. It's annoying to see people lipsync. The show ended with NO ONE going home. I'd have to agree - the bottom 7 were all really great dancers that did not need to be going home. I think it was Jess, Clarice, Robert, Miranda, Mitchell, Jordan and Tadd in the bottom. However, next week 2 guys and 2 girls will be leaving :( This is such a good group of dancers. It's gonna be really hard to eliminate people.

Police Women of Broward County: This show is definitely a guilty pleasure. It cracks me up and makes me sad all at the same time. That little blonde cop (I can never remember their names) is frickin' FIERCE. She has a similar personality to mine and we'd be BFF if I ever met her in real life.


NY Ink: Shoo. This shop and the people in it are a mess! I never would've thought Ashley would've been a transexual. At all. I loved the zombie pin up tattoo.

Friday:


My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding: I'm still not sure about this show and I wish they would show more into the culture. I only get itty bitty tidbits of what the culture is actually like.

Upcoming Shows:
June 23 - Futurama
June 26 - True Blood
June 30 - Ugly Americans
July 5 - Teen Mom

No comments: