Friday, July 8, 2011

MilSpouse Fill-in Fri #48

1. Does your Significant Other read your blog? Why is this a good or a bad thing? submitted by Mrs. Alana’s Miscellany
Currently, no. I was just getting started when he left for deployment. I don't mind if he does or doesn't. He knows what I blog about and I don't have anything to hide :P

2. What is one item in your house that holds the most sentimental value and why? submitted by The Albrecht Squad
There is a box underneath my bed that my husband had since we were dating and I kind of took over when we got married. I can't remember exactly what is in there, but if I remember correctly, our letters from when he was in BCT are there. I would die if I lost those :(

3. When it comes to water fun in the summer do you prefer the beach, the pool, a lake, or the sprinklers? submitted by The Turvo Times
I've never been to an actual beach. I'm not big on public pools and haven't been to one in forever. I love going to the lake, but also haven't been in forever. So I'm going to go with sprinklers. I prefer the lake or sprinklers as an adult, but as a mom, I think I'll stick with sprinklers!


4. What is the one special thing that you do for yourself to get you through the first week of a deployment/separation? submitted by A Creed and a Psalm
Erm...I've had 2 deployments (separations aren't too hard on me - my husband and I have constant contact). I can't remember what I did the first week of the first one, but the first week of this one I tried my best to ignore how incredibly sad I was and focus on helping the kids adjust. They were really upset this time and were having a hard time expressing it. So nothing special. 

5. What is your biggest guilty pleasure website? submitted by Christine’s Little Blog
Foodgawker.com or any Can I Has Cheezburger affiliate!

Have a good weekend!!


1 comment:

navywifechronicles said...

I was going to say how I thought the Weird Al Twitter post was the best, then I saw the Paula Deen one, then... omg, I'm at a coffee shop, laughing out loud, and a little embarassed. A little. The kids distract me from getting too sad during deployments. Instead of being sad for myself, I'm sad for them. Love finding other milspouses on Friday Fill-In! :) Alma