Friday, August 12, 2011

Dish on Your DVR #10





Next Food Network Star: The contestants took on the role of Iron Chef and from there Mary Beth was eliminated. I'm rooting for Vic still, but I'd watch any of the final 3's show :)

My Strange Addictions: There was a 18-yr-old addicted to eating plastic to cope with molestation when she was a child and a woman who was bathing in bleach. Then came the bombshell episode where a woman who had lost her husband, was obsessed with carrying his urn around and for the past 2 months had been eating his ashes. It started with  her getting some on her hands and not wanting to brush it off and it just continued from there. She had eating 2lbs of the 6lbs of ashes. :X I was so sick to my stomach thru that whole episode.

Switched at Birth: Why was this the finale??? Oh my gawsh!! They better get the 2nd season out FAST. Angelo Sorrento shows up at Bay's art show. Bay is really thrown off and when John walks up, she introduces him as someone else. She agrees to go out to eat with him. Emmett and Daphne are in charge of a fundraiser for their school...which ends up being a car wash (via Bay's idea). At the car wash, they argue and Daphne comes clean about her feelings...they kiss and then Emmett says he is with Bay now. He starts to lash out at Bay which is sad. :( Angelo stops by the house and John goes CRAAAAZY. Like talk about a damn overreaction. They meet up (can't remember where - hotel, hospital, law office?) and Angelo says the enemy is not him, it's the hospital. He reveals that he has an affidavit from a nurse who apparently had been working 48 straight hours who was in the nursery at that point. Emmett apologizes to Bay and tries to explain the great divide between hearing and deaf people. AND THEN HE SPOKE!! "I just want you" Aweee. I cried. LOL. Then Emmett decides to go with Toby and Wilke to the little band thing and as they leave, Daphne tells Bay that she will not let her win. She will get what she wants: Emmett. She is not okay with Angelo. The episode ends with Angelo catching Regina and saying that he just wants his family back together.

Teen Mom: Goodness gracious...the patheticness of Amber and Gary is just stupid. They are both morons who should never have had kids. Farrah showed a bit of her blondeness in this episode :/

SYTYCD: Wednesday night was weird to me. I think that most of the routines were so sloppy! I did like the Sasha & Mark jazz routine and Melanie & Tadd's jazz routine. My prediction of Melanie winning was still pretty strong at this point.
The finale was a bit crazy! They had the judges pick their favorite routines. Some of my favorites were shown again too: Tadd & Lauren "Another One Bites the Dust" Mandy Moore routine, the Top 8 Circus Tyce Digorio routine, Top 10 Girls Geisha Girl Sonya Tayeh routine, the Top 10 Guys Mr. Smith-doors Christopher Scott routine, Sasha & Twitch "Misty Blue" hip hop Christopher Scott routine...and my very favorite of the season: the Sasha & Melanie "Game On" Sonya Tayeh routine. I thought it was very neat to end the show with one dance with the top 2. I think everyone finished where they should have. 
The winner of Season 8 is...
Melanie :)
I found a video of her awesome solo a few weeks ago (with an intro montage from her mom). I knew from that moment she was going to win, no doubt! Especially when you hear it was mostly improvised!



Do you watch any of these? What were your thoughts?

Upcoming Shows:
The Pioneer Woman - Saturday, Aug 27 @ 11:30am on Food Network
Vampire Diaries - Thursday, Sept 15 on CW
Glee - Tuesday, Sept 20 on Fox
New Girl - Tuesday, Sept 20 @ 9pm on Fox
Dexter - Tuesday, Sept 20 on HBO
X Factor - Wednesday, Sept 21 and Thursday, Sept 22 @ 8pm on Fox
Whitney - Thursday, Sept 22 @ 9:30pm on NBC
Fringe - Friday, Sept 23 @ 9pm on Fox
Family Guy - Sunday, Sept 25 @ 8pm on Fox
Walking Dead - Sunday, Oct 16 on AMC
Psych - USA this October
Pretend Time - Comedy Central this Fall
Sister Wives - TLC this Fall
Are You There Vodka, It's Me, Chelsea - NBC this fall


Linked up at...



Boob Tube Babble

2 comments:

Bdubs said...

I know I'm so sad that Switched at Birth was the finale. I want to see more! John totally overreacted! But at the same time, there is something shady about Angelo.
I think Emmett is very sweet but the whole love triangle is such a mess. Daphne needs to go for Wilke, did you notice the wet tshirt at the car wash? Hello washboard abs!!

Sar said...

OHMYGOSH I looooove Switched At Birth. Seriously. I'm so glad you guys do too!

Just stopping by for Comment Love Sunday!

-Sarah