Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm a Hooker.

I know, I know...shame on me.
How could you be a hooker, Sarah? What would ever possess you to do something like that?

Well...
I'm here to tell you...I LOVE BEING A HOOKER. It's fun and it makes me happy.

But really...I am a hooker.
See?

Hehehe. I love crocheting. My grandma was a cross-stitcher and she had little starter circles and patterns for me when I was little so I could cross-stitch with her. My mom and grandma both had afghans galore in their houses. My grandma would tell me about her mother knitting and crocheting and how she never got the hang of it. When I was in middle school, one of my friends' mom taught us how to do a simple crochet stitch and that was the beginning of my love. I didn't crochet for years until my first baby was born and I wanted to pick it back up again. I did and it was easy for me to just jump back in...

This was my first finished project. Mind you, I did not learn how to change between thingies of yarn OR how to do a proper turn around... the bottom is much wider than the top. hahaha. I now use this for the cat's crate.

Then I started my next project. I wanted to make my husband a blanket. I shipped it to him to Iraq for Christmas and I'm very proud of it.
 I didn't use an actual pattern...I made up my own going off of the zig-zag "pattern"

And now I've been working on a blanket for my son...for like 2 years. LOL. I slacked majorly at crocheting for a long time...but now I'm back at it again.

I started back in like March 2010...
I started working on it again in June.

I think I could finish it by Christmas...maybe :D

I'm looking for plenty of new things to crochet. I've been collecting free patterns as well as patterns from places like RAKJ Patterns on Etsy. I'm also a crochet pinning maniac. Check out all these cute things...


I want to learn how to do these stitches!



Star Stitch

Source: freevintagecrochet.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Wave Stitch

Source: domihobby.ru via Sarah on Pinterest

Broomstick Lace Stitch

Source: crochetspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest


And I am currently obsessed with Granny Square blankets. I think my next project will be a shades of purple Granny Square blanket with grey outline/attaching yarn...

Source: flickr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: elo7.com.br via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: zooivlooi.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest


And these other projects I've been eyeing...

Source: innerhooker.bigcartel.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: make-handmade.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Now I guess it's time for me to get back to hooking :)

Source: obeycrochet.com via Sarah on Pinterest

7 comments:

Trish said...

cute post! I LOVE the blankets you made already. Super cute! and all those stitches are awesome. I need/want to learn them too!

Bri said...

You can make me a hat!! teehee! Oh and the granny squares are super cute, especially the first pic!!

Bri said...

<3 the first granny square pic! Too cute!

glitterskulls said...

if you make that hat, i will buy one from you!!! that is adorable!!!

Lauren@Tennessee Honey said...

I agree with everyone else! If you make that hat, prepare to make others! Including one for muah! :) You are so talented!

Cole said...

You are one talented hooker!!! :-) Me and my needles-o-fire finally opened an Etsy store. Maybe you should too!

Amber said...

Ummm I think baby O could use cute crocheted crap :p