Friday, October 21, 2011

Boob Tube Babble & Book Club Friday

So I have been failing hardcore at blogging lately..when I do blog it's kind of fluffy. Plus my husband has virtually not been working at all and he was given a 4 day this weekend (started Thurs). We've been cleaning a bunch - the basement had a light go out so I basically threw things in a giant pile awaiting his return so he could change the bulb and the basement killer wouldn't get me. haha.

AND we got Pokemon Black and White on DS for FREEEEE! The housing does this energy rewards program and you earn points by using less than average for your neighborhood. We always use way less and I had been saving up points for a long time. We had 1860 and had enough to get Black and White. It got here super fast too. My husband's DS is still locked up in a couple toughboxes that haven't been unloaded yet from all the deployment stuff...so we've been taking turns using my DS. Right now, he's a-playing away. :) We're giant nerds. But totally proud of it. So I've been hardcore failing with reading and watching DVR shows.

Oh and I'm doing a giveaway right now - be sure to enter - HERE!

 Boob Tube Babble

We have been watching Whitney and I made him watch an older episode of Up All Night with me this week. I think he is okay with them. I'm happy Whitney turned out to be halfway decent. In the last few days, we watched the very first episode of Dexter (like Season 1, very first episode) and finished up Season 1 of Walking Dead so we could watch Season 2. The last episode of S1 of Walking Dead was MIND BLOWING. Hot dang! I love that show. I really enjoyed Dexter quite a bit too. Can't wait to watch more of it and eventually get up to the new season. Ohhh and NEW PSYCH! We watched the first episode that aired Oct 12 - OMFG. I love love love Psych. Oh how I love Psych. If you all haven't watched Psych, you need to! It's unbelievable. It is my new Scrubs. I hope it never ends!

I'm trying to read any chance I get. The other day when I was at the dentist is actually the most I've read in a month! I'm planning on reading hardcore today. Nick is still playing Pokemon and I kind of hogged it yesterday so I'm letting him go for as long as he wants :)

I'm currently in the middle of "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" by Joanne Fluke and I'm starting "Saving Max" by Antoinette van Heugten - the Clamhouse book club October book. Here's a quick synopsis on the two:
 Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1)
Hannah Swenson already has her hands full trying to dodge her mother s attempts to marry her off while running The Cookie Jar, Lake Eden, Minnesota s most popular bakery. But once Ron LaSalle, the beloved delivery man from the Cozy Cow Dairy, is found murdered behind her bakery with Hannah s famous Chocolate Chip Crunchies scattered around him, her life just can t get any worse. Determined not to let her cookies get a bad reputation, she sets out to track down a killer.

Who would have the sheer audacity and the motive to kill the most punctual delivery man Hannah ever had? Topping the list is the high school football coach. What exactly was his wife doing, making the rounds with the milkman? Could Max Turner, owner of Cozy Cow Dairy, have had a secret he didn t want to share with his top employee? The more Hannah snoops, the more suspects turn up. Why has Lake Eden s most prominent prodigal son, Benton Woodley, just resurfaced? And what about the mysterious Mr. Harris who seemed interested in buying the property next to the dairy, but then disappeared? This is one murder that s starting to leave a very bad taste in Hannah s mouth. And if she doesn t watch her back, Hannah s sweet life may get burned to a crisp.

Saving Max

Max Parkman—autistic and whip-smart, emotionally fragile and aggressive—is perfect in his mother's eyes. Until he's accused of murder. Attorney Danielle Parkman knows her teenage son Max's behavior has been getting worse—using drugs and lashing out. But she can't accept the diagnosis she receives at a top-notch adolescent psychiatric facility that her son is deeply disturbed. Dangerous. Until she finds Max, unconscious and bloodied, beside a patient who has been brutally stabbed to death.

Trapped in a world of doubt and fear, barred from contacting Max, Danielle clings to the belief that her son is innocent. But has she, too, lost touch with reality? Is her son really a killer?
With the justice system bearing down on them, Danielle steels herself to discover the truth, no matter what it is. She'll do whatever it takes to find the killer and to save her son from being destroyed by a system that's all too eager to convict him.

4 comments:

Heather said...

The first book sounds like one I'd really enjoy! I'm adding it to my list.

And basement monsters?! I'm glad I live on the coast. No basements here. haha

Victoria said...

saving max sounds like it is right up my alley :)

happy friday!

Kasondra said...

OMG DEXTER!!! Ah-mazing! We love love love that show!

Basement monsters...have you been watching Supernatural? ;-) (another fantastic show)

Victoria said...

thanks for the comment :) and that does now makes sense that the PSYCH flashback was at the end instead of the beginning since it would have given away the polgraph test. :) this week's episode was funny, like the movie "the hangover".