Friday, October 7, 2011

Why Today Is Going to Be...

THE BEST DAY EVERRRRRR!!!

Why is today going to be the best day ever?





Source: happythings.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest

No...not 'cause it's Friday...
I'm sure you've read a few times that my husband is deployed...today is the day that I pick him up and bring him HOME. Today is HOMECOMING day. Ah sweet homecoming day :)

Source: media.photobucket.com via Sarah on Pinterest
He'll be sleeping next to me every night, snoring up a storm. :) I can bombard him after each work day with every thing that has happened. I can grocery shop by myself!! I have someone to watch tv with me and I can turn and share my thoughts with him immediately. I get to hear him laugh like Stewie when he thinks something is really funny, which my husband does when he thinks something is really funny...and that just makes me laugh even harder!


So...here are my final thoughts on this deployment...


Source: None via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: 25.media.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


And here are some of my favorite pictures from our first homecoming ceremony...I am so excited to have these moments again :)

I had super blonde hair...and bought new shoes just for homecoming!




The most perfect moment in the world is when the hangar door opens and all those rows of boots are the only thing you can see. Just thinking about it makes me cry. I love that moment. Unfortunately since my husband looks like many of the other soldiers, he is hard to pick out. He was way in the back last time anyways.


My all-time favorite picture of my husband and son ;) 
Unconditional love and a man not afraid to cry in public!

I am unbelievably excited and ready for this day. This deployment has been extremely rough and much worse than the first one. I know the kids are more than ready for Daddy to be home, especially Matthew. He has been hit really hard this time. He is such a sensitive little guy and it breaks my heart to see him struggle with Nick not being here :(

6 comments:

Jane said...

Yaaaaay! I'm jealous but so, so excited for you! I can't wait until it's my turn.

Amber said...

hooooorayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

The New "Normal" said...

YEAH!!! So happy for you and your family! Our homecoming day is getting closer, so hearing of other homecoming just makes me so happy! Enjoy having your family back together again!! Please tell your husband "Thank You" for a job well done!

Bri said...

<3 !!

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

so happy for you and your family!

Emily said...

I haven't been able to read blogs lately, so I'm just catching up...congrats on getting your man home!!!! I'm so happy for you :)