Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

So I decided to do a little political talking...today, Ron Paul is hosting a Veteran's Day Best Friend money bomb. My husband and I will be contributing again...this is why...

I know a lot of people don't care because they think they don't matter when it comes to how our country is run...I used to be that way. Please, PLEASE, take the time to educate yourself - GET INVOLVED! It's your "freedom" at stake. And make sure you vote in the Republican primaries. As a military family, I was so confused as to how I would vote and where I could vote. Fortunately, we found that both military members and family can vote in their state of residence by absentee ballot. Tennessee is an open state, meaning I don't have to change my Democrat registration to Republican to vote in their primaries.

I owe a special thank you to my friend, Angela, who is a veteran and is married to a veteran. She got me really interested in the presidential race and Ron Paul. And another thank you to my husband, who is currently serving in the army, for continuing my politics/government/economics education.

And a HUGE thank you to all our vets, past, present and future, for putting their lives on the line every day.

And yet another Ron Paul video to end this post..

No comments: