Thursday, December 8, 2011

So I did it...

I grew a pair of balls and chopped off all my hair. I didn't get exactly what I wanted...but yesterday when I went to fix my hair for the first time since Saturday...I got it to work the way I wanted it to :) It's really cutesy. My husband finally got used to it, I think, or at least he hates it less now.

BEFORE (In Sept.)

AFTER
Straight from the "salon"
 Styled.

^^I styled it with a headband-o. I unfortunately can't get a super awesome picture of its cuteness.

I'm not completely in love with it, but I did want to cut it SUPER short, just one time, to say I've done it and kill the mystery of if I'd love it or could pull it off. Now I'll be patiently waiting for it to grow out. I think it should take another 6 months to get shoulder length. I'm okay with that.

Oh and I knew I should've waited to get it cut by my favorite hairdresser and not just any old one, when the girl said "Oh, you're going to like this [after your long hair], you won't have to do much to it" - hahahaha. Bullshit. Shorter hair is actually more time-consuming to style. With my long hair, I would throw it up in a bun until it dried and then it was good to go.

8 comments:

Julia Miller said...

I think its super cute, and that was a lot id hair to cut, i can see why it took balls. :)

Our Little Fam said...

I think it looks great on you! I agree, shorter hair takes more work.. dang liars ;)

Vapid Vixen said...

Anyone who says short hair is easier should be slapped. It takes way more effort. BUT. It looks really really cute. I love it. You're one of those girls who can totally pull it off and I don't hate you for it...much. ;)

Trish said...

Very Cute!

Fireflywishes said...

I love the new hair cut! I've gone short many times and you're totally right, short is SOO much more maintenance every day than long is. For the past several years I never cut my hair shorter than shoulder length because it's so easy to just pull in a bun of pony tail. Short hair takes so much effort to get it to look good. I'm slightly lazy... :D

You definitely look great in short hair though!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm a new RSS follower :)

April @ My Shelf Confessions

Christy (Love of Books) said...

Yours looks really cute. I recently chopped my hair off. It was irritating me so much, so I cut it... short. It feels so much better.

Miranda said...

love the hair! it is super cute! :)

Jules said...

Your hair looks super cute short and I give you credit for chopping it off. It takes guts to do that!