Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January in Review

Let's see if I can wrap up a little of what has happened in January :)

1) I started linking up with Tara & Vicki for The Nail Files every Friday. It's amazing. I love it and it keeps me on my toes to keep my nails looking pretty. {Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4}

2) I admitted to being such an awful blogger.

3) I went nutso after Ron Paul didn't win Iowa. Then I felt like I'd probably annoy every with my rants, so I didn't say anything when Romney won NH and Gingrich won SC. I do hope that everyone knows that your vote counts though. Your opinion matters. Everyone should care about politics because it's your liberties that they are trying to get rid of. And if you are one of those people who think Ron Paul is crazy, then talk to me. I'll explain why he isn't. He has the most sound take on everything. We are not the world's police and the government shouldn't have say in what we do with our lives. End rant. LOL

4) Are you still reading? I didn't scare you away, did I? :)

5) I talked about "resolutions" and will be posting those at the end of the post to update on how well/awful I've done so far.

6) I made a post for fashion..I'm a girl, but a really awful girly girl. I love Pinterest. Yep.

7) I talked about tv a little. I'm really behind in a lot of my tv shows from my hubby getting home in October from a year long deployment AND from being gone for a month for Christmas. {#1, #2}

8) I had to have broke my record for reading this month. I finished 8 books and reviewed 7 of them. I plan on doing at least the same in February, if not more. I also participated in my first swap - it happened to be a book swap! Yay. Check out my goodies!

Here's what I reviewed:
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth {here}
  • Cell by Stephen King {here}
  • Matched by Ally Condie {here}
  • Crossed by Ally Condie {here}
  • Stoner & Spaz by Ron Koertge {here}
  • Now Playing: Stoner & Spaz II by Ron Koertge {here}
  • Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke {here}


January was a good month overall :) I'm excited for February!!

Now to sum up my progress on "resolutions":
  • Eat more fruit - not been doing well on this one.
  • Drink more water - I've gone from 0 oz. of water to 16 oz. of water daily with the help of those little add-in flavor packets. I've been doing great. I would love to add at least another 8 oz. in February to my daily intake.
  • Exercise 5x a week - I've exercised a whopping one time this month :(
  • Get organized - I will say I've done much better with this.
  • Stay on schedule (I'm hoping to manage my time better) - Doing well here too.
  • Read A LOT - Yes!
  • Keep track of finances and save lots of money - I started off strong and then kind of dropped off mid-month. Starting fresh in February.
  • I want to blog more - regular blog stuff. Just talking about whatever. Less fluff. - I'm not sure that I accomplished this. :/
  • Book blog more - I actually am transitioning to where my blog is at least 1/3 books. I think that will make me happy. - Book blogging has been working - out of 26 posts (not including this one) - 8 were book reviews. That's perfect!

Hope you all had a wonderful January! :) Going to try and wrap up February just like this.

P.S. My food blog is open for sponsors - since there hasn't been much interest, it'll be for the beg. of March. If you are interested in sponsoring, stop by and let me know! :) Fantastical Sharing of Recipes

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like January was a great month! I love that you are keeping track of your resolutions and how well you are sticking to them (I should probably do that!).I'll have to check out your reviews for Divergent, Matched and Crossed - they all on my TBR list! :)

Bonnie @ www.handsandhome.ca

Cami said...

This is CUTE!! What a great idea :) I need to do this! You are quite a reader...wow...great job!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life