Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February in Review

I really enjoyed the little wrap up I did in January, so I really want to continue to do those little reviews :)

In February:

1) I made ONE personal post. Ouch. Gotta change that next month. That post was about my daughter turning 4 {here}

2) I participated in a Valentine's Day Swap - so much fun! I can't wait for more swaps.

3) I did more nail painting: Nail Files Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8

4) I started shredding and have a group of bloggers/sweet ladies who give me constant motivation. Click here to see my 30 Day Shred journey so far.

5) I posted another informative "If You Want To Be My BFF" post. {here}

6) I participated in my first readathon: Wicked Winter Readathon. It was so much fun and I made a couple new friends and found a few more book blogs to follow.

7) I started a new meme: Top Ten Tuesday. It's hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's fun :) I got abducted by aliens in my first one! Wee!

7) As far as reading goes, I was on fire this month! I finished 8 books (same as last month), but hopefully will be finishing another today and adding the review tomorrow.
Here's what I reviewed:
  • Fudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke {here}
  • Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher {here}
  • Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick {here}
  • Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick {here}
  • Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick {here}
  • Fracture by Megan Miranda {here}
  • Sugar Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke {here}
  • Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison {here}

February seemed to fly by! I hope March does too. I'm ready for warm weather :)

Now to sum up my progress on "resolutions":

  • Eat more fruit - still not making much progress here. I really need to turn this around!
  • Drink more water - Last month it was 16 oz a day. This month it's between 16 oz and 32 oz every day. I've definitely done way better here and I will be shooting for a steady 32 oz each day and up to 40 oz for March.
  • Exercise 5x a week - I started shredding on the 20th. I'm taking Sundays off.
  • Get organized - Getting there...
  • Stay on schedule (I'm hoping to manage my time better) - I slacked a bit this month.
  • Read A LOT - I think I can still do better!
  • Keep track of finances and save lots of money - I did the same thing as last month, started off strong and then fell off :/ Let's improve this in March.
  • I want to blog more - regular blog stuff. Just talking about whatever. Less fluff. - I need to talk more about me! Ack.
  • Book blog more - I actually am transitioning to where my blog is at least 1/3 books. I think that will make me happy. - I accomplished this again this month and will be crossing this off my list!
  • **new** Start doing crafts with the kids. Like Wednesday is craft day or something.
  • **new** Start family traditions: Family Movie Night and Family Game Night. We did movie night last Sunday and we'll be doing game night this Friday. :)

Hope you all had a wonderful February! :) I'm so stoked it's finally March! C'mon Spring!

P.S. My food blog is open for sponsors - since there hasn't been much interest, it'll be for the beg. of April. If you are interested in sponsoring, stop by and let me know! :) Fantastical Sharing of Recipes

No comments: