Friday, March 30, 2012

The Hunger Games

You bet your patootie I'm gonna say something about this!!

Firstly, I saw it once and it was last weekend, so it's not incredibly fresh in my mind like I would've liked to have done. My brain has been pretty scrambled over the last 2 weeks. Not that so much is happening in my life than normal, I just feel very stressed and pulled in 20 different directions.

I saw it with my husband (who has NOT read the books). I saw a review today from That's What We Said that I really enjoyed and will show to my husband about the minor things left out.

Overall, it is one of the very best book-to-movie adaptations I have ever seen. The Games themselves were mind-blowing. Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz, and Woody Harrelson could not have been more perfect fits for Effie, Cinna, and Haymitch. The very little time we saw them on screen was enough to make a lasting impression. I adored the mockingjays and Rue. Sweet Rue. She was so so incredible {the actress} - I mean she barely got any camera time and she WAS SOLID! And Miss Lawrence...WOW! JUST WOW! I haven't heard if they are doing the rest of the series, but I desperately hope so because Catching Fire is my fave of the series and the people behind this movie were GENIUSES. It was brilliant.

If you haven't seen it, go see it. If you haven't read the books, READ THEM!

...and one of my favorite things to do is share my favorite related pins :)







Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: hogwarts-to-panem.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: breadinhotchocolate.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: thecollegiategoodlife.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: biggest-hunger-games-fans.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest

3 comments:

Melissa said...

They have signed on for all 3!!! Catching fire comes out like November next year I believe. I found a list of upcoming movies & I check it often! http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2012/

I think you can look through 2015. Can't wait! Catching Fire is my favorite too!!!!

Amber M. said...

Ohhhhh I just read Melissa's comment and got retardedly excited!! eeep!!
David and I went and saw it last night, I seriously cried. He laughed at me. He swears he hates it, dumbest movie ever....I told him that was grounds for divorce.

Jessica @ O. Alouette said...

Omg that last one just made me crack up for like a minute :)