Saturday, March 24, 2012

I'm Going to Have a Heart Attack

My baby is growing up way too fast. It feels like just yesterday I was coming home from the hospital and now Matthew's FIVE. And he's going to school soon. Granted it's 6 months, but it feels like TOMORROW. WHY???

This post is long overdue, but my oldest turned 5 on March 11th. He wanted a chocolate cake - and boy, did he get it! He also got his first sets of Legos - and he loves them. Luckily, Mommy hasn't stepped on any yet. He watched part of the first Star Wars movie (well, #4 technically speaking) and loves it too. What a little nerd.

He also got to try peanut butter for the first time - although he wasn't too sure on that one :)


 His birthday shirt was a Pikachu shirt. This boy is Pokemon obsessed.
He can tell you like ALL the names of the Pokemon, what they evolve into, and at what level, and what type of Pokemon they are. It's insane.

Playing with his Legos.

We thought a Reese's cup would be a perfect first PB food.

He wanted pizza for his birthday dinner - I made a Pokeball pizza for him!

Behold the 5 year old with his Chocolate Wasted Cake!

I didn't realize this, but apparently my husband is a whiz with building planes out of Legos...so he's been doing that a lot lately and Matthew is happily playing with them :)

As for all of this school talk, I am so nervous and sad and happy. I cannot believe he will be in Kindergarten. He's such a quirky little guy and I'm so afraid no one will like him or something. We've been going to the playground a lot lately though and he's been playing with other kids his age and it was fine, so it's laid to rest a little of my worry. I cried when I wrote down his supply list. I'm going to be a straight up mess for this guy on his first day of school. Ughhhh!

1 comment:

Our Little Fam said...

My goodness, check out that cake! Happy Birthday Bud!!