Saturday, March 31, 2012

March in Review

Continuing with my little tradition of wrapping my month in blogging..here's March in Review!
{February can be found: here}

In March:

1) I continued shredding and blogging about my 30 Day Shred journey. I finished shredding on March 26. I'm now going to be blogging once a week about exercising :) I'm alternating Yoga Meltdown and Ripped in 30. What can I say, I'm a Jillian Michaels whore.

2) I talked some more about blogging pet peeves. If you are violating them, I'll still love you. But I may also loathe you just a little. JUST KIDDING...oh please go look up KWigg's SNL skit.

3) I did more Nail Files...{Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12, Week 13}

4) And did a few more Top Ten Tuesdays. {Book Covers, Spring TBR List}

5) I talked about Kony 2012 and why you shouldn't believe everything you see/hear.

6) I confessed to being a hoarder. Well, a beauty products hoarder...even though I rarely pretty myself up.

7) I dyed my hair and got new glasses and blogged about it. Herp derp.

8) I talked about the Walking Dead finale! Brought back my old Dish On Your DVR button and all!

9)...and my baby turned 5. Cry with me {here}

10) Speaking of babies, I guest posted over at my bff Amber's blog, My Three Bittles, about my mom body.

11) I saw Hunger Games and here are my thoughts.

12) Don't forget about Pinterest. Every Weds is Pinterest post time {see!}

13) I failed at reading this month. It makes me want to cry. In January AND February, I finished 8 books. This month it was a measly 5.

Here's what I reviewed:
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the GF of a Sex God by Louise Rennison {here}
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett {here}
  • Mister Ray by Adam Perry {here}
  • The Iron King by Julie Kagawa {here}
  • The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa {here}

March, honestly, was just too much for me. Even though not a lot happened IRL, I just felt so out of order and discombobulated ALL MONTH. I felt behind in everything and just a mess...a big, unorganized cyclone. I'm ready for April and hopefully I can calm things down!

Now to sum up my progress on "resolutions":
  • Eat more fruit - I really suck at eating fruit. I got some granola and yogurt to make parfaits, but I haven't yet. LOL.
  • Drink more water - Last month I drank anywhere from 16 to 24 oz. each day. I've been almost slacking this month...there are days I drink 16 oz...days I drink 32 oz. I need to get steady on this one. My goal in April is 24 oz daily.
  • Exercise 5x a week - I've been steadily exercising 6 days out of the week :) I don't want to cross this one off just yet though. I may if I stick with it in April.
  • Get organized - This one was awful for March.
  • Stay on schedule (I'm hoping to manage my time better) - Why do I suck at time management so bad??
  • Read A LOT - FAIL.
  • Keep track of finances and save lots of money -We may be getting a second car so this will definitely need to be looked at more closely in April.
  • I want to blog more - regular blog stuff. Just talking about whatever. Less fluff. - I got more regular posts in there this month.
  • Start doing crafts with the kids. Like Wednesday is craft day or something. -We haven't started this yet. SOON.
  • Start family traditions: Family Movie Night and Family Game Night. We did movie night last Sunday and we'll be doing game night this Friday. :) - We did lots more movies than games.

It's SPRINGTIME!! Let's hope the weather keeps getting warmer here in NY.

No comments: