Friday, March 9, 2012

Nail Files #10

The Nail Files


I'm trying to experiment more with different products and a little more difficulty than the standard base coat, 2 coats of color, top coat. So I happily grabbed up this Sally Hansen manicure pen to try out.

I already knew that my right hand would be a mess, but I did not anticipate the pen being kind of difficult to use. You have to press the tip until the polish fills up the tip and then you have to try and keep it from leaving a bit ole puddle of polish on your nail. I think the tip is way too large and it should have more flexibility. So was this worth the money...no. I actually took it off within an hour.

Now as for the color - so cute! It's Nicole by OPI's Freshly Squeezed. It's a shimmery orange :)



And a couple of my favorite nails from Pinterest:

Source: 24.media.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: beautytipsntricks.com via Sarah on Pinterest

11 comments:

Christina said...

I really love that orange color! I'm always disappointed in the DIY tips kits, whether its pens like this one or stickers or whatever. They are all so hard to use!

Vicki said...

It looks really cute and I think you did a good job :)

Samantha said...

That pen would have come in SUPER handy when I was pouring over my nails for 40 minutes trying to get the tips even :( Investing!

Kimberlee said...

Oh that sucks the pen didn't work out, I think it looks good. Have you tried the nail stickers? I use those for my half moon nails

allie-mac-fallie said...

your nails are pretty! I love those anchors too!

Nail Polish Anonymous said...

I love orange on u I'm envious I can't wear orange

tara said...

love that orange! :)

Laura said...

You did a good job!

moosenoose.com said...

That orange is amazing! I've been using Sally Hansen nail hardener for about a month and my nails are brittle and peeling. I think the SH products may be going in the bin!!

Samantha said...

That orange is fantastic!

R said...

I am in love w trying new nail ideas these days. I swear I change my nails weekly now.

BTW- I'm your book swap partner! Email me at rkyurko1984@gmail.com!

Rachel