Friday, March 23, 2012

Nail Files #12: The Girl On Fire

The Nail Files

In honor of The Hunger Games movie coming out today, I am sharing my Hunger Games nails :) Nothing super special, but they are the most "fiery" of the Capitol Colours collection from China Glaze. The orangey-red base color is Riveting and the gold glitter is Electrify. I love them both! I wish I could get a better picture of the nails themselves. I couldn't keep my eyes off my nails!

I also wanted to show my process of getting my nails ready - they usually last pretty well with this method.

First, I remove my old nail polish with ACETONE nail polish remover (the clear kind) and cotton balls.
Making sure to remove all the debris and oil from my nails.

I apply a clear base coat - I really love the Sally Hansen Double Duty. I let it dry completely.

10 to 20 minutes later, I apply my first coat of the base color. 
I wait until that's completely dry and then add my second coat of base color.

If I'm doing a glitter accent nail {I have done this a lot lately}, I add my 2 coats of glitter.
Making sure to let the coats dry COMPLETELY. That's the key here! 
Then I apply my top coat :) I do this daily to keep my nails looking awesomesauce.

Riveting isn't THAT orange - but it's got a bit of orange to the color. It's shimmery.
Electrify is gold and red dot glitter. It's so amazing!!




I feel like it's better to share my nail pin finds in this post every week, rather than my Pinteresting post on Weds. So without further ado, nail polish finds for this week - ooooh pretty pretty!
 
Punchy Pink

Source: flickr.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Parlez-vous

Source: cilucia.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Raspberry

Source: gildednails.co via Sarah on Pinterest

St. Lucia Lilac

Source: nailstah.com via Sarah on Pinterest

They Call Me Molly

Source: virginiais4lovers.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Go Overboard

Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Pool Party

Source: alllacqueredup.com via Sarah on Pinterest

8 comments:

stephanie said...

love that color! and that parlez-vous so perfect for spring!

Samantha said...

Electrify is quickly becoming my go-to polish for that punch of sparkle.
Love your choices.

THE SPA MOM said...

Perfect for the Games! Orange is the big color for this spring. Also, I have to get They Call Me Molly! Great finds. I have to go on a polish shopping spree.

Jessica @ O. Alouette said...

Oh gosh I love all those colors!

Kimberlee said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see the movie :)

tara said...

perfect hunger games nails! ;)

Laura said...

So pretty! I love all of the colors but I am partial to greens!

Terri said...

Oh, I love those two CC colors. I didn't pick them up though..and I might have to remedy that. Your China Glaze pins are gorgeous too. So many polishes, sooo little time!