Friday, March 2, 2012

Nail Files #9

The Nail Files

I've been using a lot of really dark colors lately and they are semi-staining my nails. So this week I wanted something light and fun! I used one of the pretty colors I got from Courtney for the Valentine's Day Swap. It's my first Sinful Colors polish too. Also I'm not sure why, but my nails seem to be flaking a lot, so I also used Essie Rock Solid for my base coat.

This Sinful Colors polish is called Purple Diamond, it's probably meant to go over a solid color, but I didn't feel like that this week. It ended up being a pretty sheer purpley glitter! The picture below is just one coat..I did another coat later.



I also wanted to share some nail stuff I found on Pinterest.


Nautical Nails!

Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Some of Essie's Spring Collection - I need all of these colors desperately!

Source: polishvixen.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Sometimes I pin cute nails I see in the link up...like these:

Source: jewelybug.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: withlovekenli.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
And a few tutorials - hearts and cheetah spots!

Source: thebeautydepartment.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: thebeautydepartment.com via Sarah on Pinterest

5 comments:

Cami said...

I like the heart tutorial!! I wouldn't be able to do it for my right hand, though, since I"m a righty lol :)

Happy Friday!!

allie-mac-fallie said...

those tutorials are sooo cool!
I am loving the lavender :)

tara said...

what an awesome post! i want to try the hearts!

Kimberlee said...

OOh I like those pins - Essie has some great colors for spring!

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing the pins!! Love the cheetah may actually get brave enough to try it!