Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cat Namer Extraordinaire

As you all probably know by now...I have two kitties.




Bella was already named when we got her. Her full name is actually Annabella, but she goes by Bella.

Muffin was called Snickers as a name-holder until she was adopted at the SPCA. So we got to pick her name. I threw out Alice, but hubs didn't like that. We finally picked Muffin because Nick's mom had a kitten we called LoverMuffin even though her given name was Stella. We used to call each other muffin when we dated. She is a lovie little kitty, so it fits her to a tee!

Cute, right?
Now how come I titled this Cat Namer Extraordinaire? Because we come up with so much more than that. We give our cats FULL names. Crazy cat people, remember?!

Bella is now Bella Trix Ellis - clearly because of Harry Potter and because Bellatrix is an awesome character that everyone loves to hate! :) Not that my cat is hateable or anything.

Muffin is Muffin Top Ellis. She's not fat, but it's really funny when she does something mischievous and I holler "MUFFIN TOP ELLIS!!" :)

We petsit a friend's cats for a few days while he was out of town. They were named Luke and Buddha. We gave them full names too. Luke Skywalker and Buddha Belly (and then their last names).

We've even gone as far as to give our kitties ghetto names. Muffin became Moofonda Topniqua and Bella is Bellicious Trixesha.


It's okay. We're completely ridiculous :)

1 comment:

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

I love cats. I wish I could have 3 or 4 of them. We only have 1.