Thursday, May 31, 2012

May in Review

You can find April's review: here!

Finally, NY has some warm weather :) We've been able to get out and about FINALLY! Did I mention FINALLY????


So here's what has been going on:

1. I signed up for a readathon: Bout of Books. It was May 14 thru 20 and it was tons of fun. {Initial post, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 & 4, Day 5, Day 6 & 7, Final Thoughts} Bout of Books 5.0 is going to be some time in August and I will definitely be participating again.

2. I made some more Top Ten Tuesday and Books or Bust posts. {TTT #7, BoB #8, BoB #9, TTT #8}. I'm pretty sure I'm about to go on a book-buying ban, so the Books or Bust posts may become fewer in the next few months.

3. I'm still a Pinmaniac. I'm about to be over 9000 pins. I'm so stoked!! Here are my Pinterest posts!

4. I posted about my kitties...because they are cute. See?

5. I did my nails...and shared them every Friday: Nail Files #18, Nail Files #19, Nail Files #20, Nail Files #21.

6. I made one Currently post - it's pretty recent still!

7. I also talked about our venture to Boldt Castle {here}.

8. This month I read a bunch of books and it made me super happy to get through what I wanted to for the month and start on extra books not on my reading schedule :) 8 books just like in January and February.

What I reviewed:
  • City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare {here}
  • The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry {here}
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth {here}
  • City of Glass by Cassandra Clare {here}
  • City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare {here}
  • City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare {here}
  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver {here}
  • Still Alice by Lisa Genova {here}

Some progress on my "resolutions":
  • Eat more fruit - We've been eating lots more fruit this month, but I still think I can do more.
  • Drink more water - I've gotten up to nearly 4 - 8 oz cups a day. With the warm weather, it is much easier to drink a lot of water!
  • Exercise 5x a week - Again with the warm weather, we've been out and about. We play on the playground with the kids. Next month I would like to add some Jillian Michaels into my routine maybe 2 to 3 times a week.
  • Get organized - Doing a little better here :)
  • Stay on schedule (I'm hoping to manage my time better) - I think I can cross this off next month if I continue doing what I'm doing!
  • Read A LOT - Thanks to the readathon - I obliterated my reading this month!
  • Keep track of finances and save lots of money -I seriously need to do this asap.
  • I want to blog more - regular blog stuff. Just talking about whatever. Less fluff. - Getting a little better...

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love your resolution update! It sounds like you're really moving in the right direction. I personally need to exercise more, but I'm doing a decent job getting together with my friends and taking walks with them.