Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Gingers Have No Souls

This is a scientific fact.

Bottled Gingers have negative souls. Or at least I think that's how it works. Someone check that out for me?

So I am forever changing my hair. I'm never happy with the color I have until I see a picture of my hair from days/months/years before and change it. Then two days later I want a different color...

Some colors I've had my hair:

2002 - my natural hair color before I started dying it.


2007 - by this time I've had my hair burgundy, dark brown, bright red, orangey red, etc.
  

2008 - from last picture, I had gone orangey-red, a regular brown, dk brown, blondish red...here was my first time with blonde highlights.
 4 months later I went burgundy

 2009 - I went burgundy to dark red to regular brown in spring
 In the fall, I abused my hair until it was white blonde in the front.
 Just to say, this is my favoritest color to dye my hair - bright red. I've done it a zillion times. This was my last successful time doing it though :(

2010 - It faded into this lovely shade of light reddish color.
 So I redyed it to a brighter red-orange color!
 Then I went black.
By winter, I wanted to go back to as close to my natural color as possible and leave my hair alone for a while. As you can see, I abuse my hair often.
 2011 - Summertime and time to attempt red again...which didn't take. :/ But I did get a slight tint.

So that brings us close enough to present day. ^^ That was in July 2011. In November 2011, I chopped all my hair off and dyed it a darker brown. Every single time I see that picture, I want my hair long and reddish again, but every attempt at a orangey-red color has failed :(

Until now! Bwahaha.

First, I bleached the crap out of my hair.

Lez be honest here...I like when my hair gets really messed up and turns weird colors. So I left it weird and yellow at my roots and orangey everywhere else for about a week.

Then today...I decided I had better fix my hair to the color I wanted and then I prayed to the hair color gods to make it turn the right color...


AND..


It did :D



Man, it feels good to be a ginger. :)
Again.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats! I agree that the red looks really good on you

Amber M. said...

And this is why I heart you. :)

Melissa said...

I would LOVE to get my hands on your hair & help you be whatever color of the rainbow you want to be!!! I could do it too, because I'm awesome. Red looks the best on you though in my opinion. Come over to washington & lets do Ariel hair!!!! Gingy 4 lyfe

Jen Ryland/YA Romantics said...

Love this post: 50 Shades of My Hair.

Honestly, you pull all those shades off really well. I love red hair, but I'm too lazy to dye my hair a drastically different color because of the maintenance.