Saturday, June 30, 2012

June in Review

You can find May's review: here!

Right now, I'm hoping to be halfway to Tennessee, but I may even be further. But that doesn't stop me from scheduling this bombtastic wrap up post for June :)


So here's what has been going on:
  1. I participated in Nail Files :) It's one of my favorite link ups. I love seeing everyone's nails each week and getting inspired! Week #22, Week #23, Week #24, Week #25, Week #26
  2. Books or Bust - my own take on sharing books I have bought - has slowed down a bit. I put myself on a book ban. I have 1900 books on my to-read list. I'm sure I have a least 200 books on hand that need to be read that are part of that 1900 books. I need to read first, buy later! BoB#10,
  3. I shared a hair color/cut timeline and revealed my new hair. Although now my hair is a different color. Apparently the hair gods had other plans in store for me and decided I cannot be a ginger :'(
  4. I also did a few Top Ten Tuesdays this month. Rewind, TTT #10
  5. My favoritest link up: Oh, How Pinteresting Weds. - still going strong with that one. I'm over 9000 pins now. Go me!
  6. We climbed a mountain. I shared pics.
  7. I linked up with Jenn over at Perfectly Imperfect for another installment of Currently.
  8. I tried to get a cute picture of my kids. Tried, being the key word.
  9. I did another readathon! Wicked Wildfire Readathon. My goals, a challenge.
  10. And, of course, I read and read and read and read...and then blogged about it :) I finished a metric shitton (this is an accurate measurement, btw) of books this month. THIRTEEN.
What I reviewed:
  • Escaping Titanic by Marybeth Lorbecki {here}
  • House of Night: Legacy by PC Cast {here}
  • The Infects by Sean Beaudoin {here}
  • Titanic: The Long Night by Diane Hoh {here}
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Promise: Volume 1 {here}
  • The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker {here}
  • Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James {here}
  • The Glimpse by Claire Merle {here}
  • Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin {here}
  • Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep {here}
  • Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep {here}
  • Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep {here}
  • The Maze Runner by James Dashner {here}

Some progress on my "resolutions":
  • Eat more fruit - I made smoothies, milkshakes, alcoholic smoothies, and fruit nachos. I'm really pleased with how I did in June for eating more fruit.
  • Drink more water - I think I can finally cross this one off my list. I drink way more water than I used to and it's my go-to drink!
  • Get organized - When we get back from vacation in mid-July I will be starting an organizing series here on the blog :)
  • Stay on schedule (I'm hoping to manage my time better) -Nick and I started doing dishes together and we got rid of our dish rack so that makes us HAVE to do dishes. I've been pretty on track lately :)
  • Read A LOT - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
  • Keep track of finances and save lots of money - This month was great!
  • I want to blog more - regular blog stuff. Just talking about whatever. Less fluff. - I think I did really well this month for less fluff. But books did take over a little.

No comments: