Sunday, September 30, 2012

Resident Evil Retribution

File:Resident evil retribution poster.jpg 

Let me just go ahead and say, I wasn't expecting a lot out of this movie. The fourth installment kind of seemed like beating a dead horse. But because I've watched the other ones...I felt compelled to keep on watching. I actually really loved this one.

Firstly, Milla is both badass and gorgeous. I love watching her interviews on talk shows. She's one of my favorites.
So the 5th starts out where the 4th left off...they get attacked on Arcadia and Alice is knocked out. She wakes up in suburbia - completely cleaned up - making breakfast for her husband and her deaf daughter. Then the zombies attack. She wakes up in a whited out huge room...pretty much naked. Clearly, Umbrella Corp has imprisoned her again. One of her old friends, who is brainwashed, tries to interrogate her. Suddenly, the security system is down and it's time for Alice to make a break for it.


This movie is a mindf@# which are my favorite kinds. You don't know what's real, what's staged, etc. There are some new, completely awesome characters too :)
I recommend this for R.E. fans - if you haven't seen any of the others, you'd probably be really confused. This one is worth it for fans of the series though :)

No comments: