Sunday, September 30, 2012

September in Review

You can find August's review: here!
September flew by, didn't it?! I would have to say it is my favorite month and has been for a long time. I am one of those nerds who loves back-to-school time. I love the leaves changing colors and the cooler (but not yet cold) weather. I love breaking out the long-sleeve shirts, sweaters, boots, hoodies, thick socks, etc. You cannot go wrong with soups, chilis, and pumpkin EVERYTHING! I'm really excited for October too. Halloween is my favorite holiday :)

So here's what I've been up to..

  1. I shared my September TBR list. I still have lots of catching up to do!
  2. I shared a chat roulette compilation video of Call Me, Maybe. It's hilarious.
  3. Do you want to be my BFF? Here are things you need to know.
  4. The first Pinterest Project Queen was announced! Check out Torie's winning project. Plus the most clicked projects from Week 6, Week 7, and Week 8.
  5. Speaking of The Pinterest Project...check out Week 6, Week 7, and Week 8.
  6. If that wasn't enough Pinterest, I do OHPW each week. Here, here, here, and here.
  7. Nail Files Friday is awesome. I love showing off my nails each week. #36, #37, #38, #39.
  8. I did a little mom-blogging and talked about my oldest's first "week" of Kindergarten.
  9. Interested in watching The Dictator, Dark Shadows, Snow White & The Huntsman? I talked about them and a few other movies: here.
  10. My 2nd microwave in 5 years has died. So I'm never owning one again. That escalated quickly!
  11. Another round of sponsors to share with you: 4 lovely ladies. If you are interested in sponsoring me, check out my sponsor page.
  12. I love SYTYCD and Switched at Birth.
  13. I talked about how I blog. I think this post is pretty informative.
  14. I also talked about Revolution and Last Resort.
  15. Because I turned 24 this month, I absolutely blogged about it. Duh.
  16. Have you seen Resident Evil Retribution yet? Here's what I thought.
  17. I read 8 books this month. Not as many as I wanted to.
What I reviewed:
  • The Death Cure by James Dashner [here]
  • Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake [here]
  • Fallen by Lauren Kate [here]
  • Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo [here]
  • Love, Lust, & Faking It by Jenny McCarthy [here]
  • Fifty Shades Freed by EL James [here]
  • Poltergeeks by Sean Cummings [here]

Some progress on my "resolutions":
  • Eat more fruit - I've fallen a little short on this one lately :(
  • Get organized - Getting way better here!
  • Stay on schedule (I'm hoping to manage my time better) - Doing really well here too - hope to cross it off next month.
  • Read A LOT - Even though I read 12 books, I feel like I didn't really read as much as I could.
  • Keep track of finances and save lots of money - We're working really hard on this one. We hope to refinance Nick's car next month and that will really really help us out.
  • Update blog love page. - Done!
  • **NEW** Start exercising again.
  • **NEW** Get involved in Matthew's school
  • **NEW** Do some fun girly, crafty stuff with Cami.
  • **NEW** Master the art of being a school-age kid mom. Try to balance everything.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

September FLEW by! I love reading your monthly recaps :)