Saturday, September 29, 2012

Twenty-four.

On the 16th, I turned 24. YAY.

I'm not really big on my own birthday - I never really have been. I'm not one of those "Ugh I'm a year older" people...I guess I just don't enjoy being the center of attention.
{I probably should've checked myself in the mirror before getting pictures taken :P}
Yay for crazy hair and old makeup!

When I was younger, I got to choose a restaurant to eat at for my birthday, but this past year, we've gotten into the habit of staying home for everyone's birthday. The birthday person gets to choose their favorite meals and what cake they want. We had pizza for both kids' birthdays and steak for hubby's. Cami chose a strawberry cake, Matthew chose a chocolate cake, and hubs chose berry cheesecake.

One really awesome thing about my birthday is that it is around the beginning of PUMPKIN TIME!! So I wanted pumpkin French toast for my breakfast and pumpkin cheesecake for my cake. I also made a beef and broccoli stir fry with hibachi style fried rice for dinner. I make my food on my birthday because I do every day and it doesn't bother me in the least bit :)



Nick got my birthday present the day before and it was actually exactly what I thought it would be! I didn't guess out loud ahead of time because I didn't want to be wrong LOL

He hid it behind the fence and told me it was by his car. I was expecting a bike and then turned the corner to see no bike behind the car and I legitimately had my heart sink for a second. I turned around to look at him and he pointed to where the fence was and there it was. It's so awesome! Like seriously. I'm not a girly girl. I didn't want a pink bike...and hubby knew this. It's AWESOME. AWESOME.

7 comments:

Lena B @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby said...

Nice bike!!
And belated happy birthday!! ♥

Tyler said...

Awesome gift! :) And happy belated birthday!! :)

Luisa Abrahamson said...

Happy Birthday!! :)
I'm your new follower..

Luisa
labellemadeleine.blogspot.com

Amber M. said...

This makes me happy for you!
I'm glad he got you a bike :p

Kendall said...

Hope you had a lovely birthday!! xo!

Lauren said...

How exciting! Doug and I have been talking about getting bikes but we need to find a place to ride them :/ LOL! Glad you had a great birthday! <3

Melissa said...

Awww, that's SO awesome. Love your bike...except I totally would have gotten a pink one :p Yay for bike rides!!!