Saturday, October 27, 2012

8 Years.

On October 11, my husband and I celebrated 8 years of being together. We started dating way back in 2004 - I kind of tricked him into asking me to be his girlfriend, but only because he was totally holding off on purpose because he knew 11 was my favorite number and he was teasing that our anni would be on the 12th. Butthead.

We've been through thick and thin together. From the moment I saw him, I knew we were meant for each other. We definitely had a love at first sight thing :)

First picture together May 2005 at his graduation ('scuse the picture of a picture thing)



Probably my all-time favorite picture of us. 
My 18th birthday and his going away to Basic lunch - September 2006.

November 2006 - His Basic Graduation :)

He supported me through a pre-labor hospital stay when I was pregnant with Matthew.

And he was there for both of my actual labor/deliveries. 
I'll never forget the look on his face when he held the kids for the first time. :)

 The kids absolutely adore him and he is the best best best father to them.

 He totally screws up our annual date picture almost every single time :P

And sometimes we do non-traditional dates, which is a blast. We have gone to the range a few times. We planned to go to Dollywood Splash Country, but it was closed for construction the day we had planned on going, so we ended up go-karting, playing laser tag, stopping by the Smoky Mountain Knife Store, and eating ice cream.

And mostly we just have a lot of fun together. We honestly are best friends. He can drive me up the wall at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love laying in bed every night and just talking and laughing about random crap - like 3 nights ago, he told me about how his day at the range went. He qualified on the grenade launcher and we just sat there and laughed about how awesome it was and how awesomely he did. Apparently he shot a grenade INTO a tank opening. No one else did that - and everyone was pretty impressed. We've been watching a lot of Modern Family lately and I always find it humorous that we make the exact same faces and reactions to the same thing.

We're total nerds together and we work together so well. I have some weird intuition that I know he's having a rough morning (at PT and he hasn't made it home just yet) and he just needs an extra bit of love and I'll make him fried eggs for breakfast and get his lunch and coffee together early. He's so amazing to me too. He is very thoughtful and he picks up my slack around the house. He'll do dishes on the weekend and take the kids to the park, so I can have a moment by myself. Nick always knows exactly what to get me for holidays for presents - like one year he got me a Kindle (before they were cool) and for my birthday he got me a bike. When I meet people for the first time (especially those that he works with), they always tell me that he talks about me and the kids a ton. Did I mention he's seriously the best?! I have gushed way too much :P But annnnnnywho, I'm so happy to have spent these last 8 years with him - and I cannot believe how quickly they've flown by!

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Happy 8 years!!

Tyler said...

Super cute pictures and stories :) Happy {belated} Anniversary to you both! :)

tara said...

happy 8 years!! :)