Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October in Review

You can find September's review: here!
 
I was really excited for October and then it got here. It's been raining all month. The kids and I have been sick on and off all month. We aren't gonna be able to go trick or treating tonight because it's cold and cloudy and rainy and just awful. Just like 2 years ago. We're all just getting over the flu - it's just not going to happen. So I went ahead and bought a couple (five) bags of candy. Today is the first day it's smelled like snow outside too - not at all happy about that. I almost cried.

So here's what I've been up to..

  1. The Pinspiration Project Queen for September was announced. Check out Autumn's winning project: here. She guest posted for me this month too: here.
  2. You can see what was on my list of books to read for the month of October on my monthly TBR list. November's goes up tomorrow.
  3. The Pinspiration Project has really taken off this month. We really appreciate all your support and love seeing all the projects every week! Week 9, Week 10, Week #11, and Week #12.
  4. I've decided to no longer do Pinterest Weds. I stopped doing it on my food blog already, but today was definitely my end day for Fortune. So check out my last few ones: here, here, here, and here.
  5. Nail Files is still sticking around though :) See #40, #41, #42, #43.
  6. I talked about Fringe, New Girl, and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team: here.
  7. Did you know there is a mushroom that is both anatomically and odor correct to a peen? Neither did I until I found some in my yard.
  8. There were also the most clicked from The Pinspiration Project: Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12.
  9. Have you seen Prometheus or Diary of a Wimpy Kid (the first one and Rodrick Rules)? Want an opinion before you do? I talked about them: here.
  10. I split up my sponsor spotlight posts into two parts this month. Find out what my lovely sponsors are passionate about! Part 1, Part 2. If you are interested in sponsoring me, check out my sponsor page.
  11. I talked about NOT leaving Fort Drum and being here for my husband's whole enlistment (minus his training in the beginning).
  12. More TV Talk: The Mindy Project, Brickleberry, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead, and Modern Family.
  13. Hubby & I celebrating our dating anniversary this month. I blogged about it. Of course.
  14. I thought it'd be fun to reminisce about Halloweens of the past: here.
  15. I read 5 books this month. AKA Big Fat Fail :(
What I reviewed:
  • Marked by PC Cast [here]
  • The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa [here]
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green [here]
  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis [here]
  • Betrayed by PC Cast [here]
Some progress on my "resolutions":
  • Eat more fruit - I need to start eating more - probably with breakfast.
  • Get organized - Almost there.
  • Stay on schedule (I'm hoping to manage my time better) - Got off track with being sick.
  • Read A LOT - Fail *cries*
  • Keep track of finances and save lots of money - We are having issues with refinancing. Thanks to NY being a damn title-holding state. Ugh. But I mean once that is done, our car payment will be loads cheaper because we were approved through our bank :)
  • Start exercising again. - 1) I'm lazy 2) We've been sick
  • Get involved in Matthew's school - Still haven't done this....
  • Do some fun girly, crafty stuff with Cami. - Or this...
  • Master the art of being a school-age kid mom. Try to balance everything. - working on this!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Seems like you've had a pretty good month, Sarah! I should probably do a post like this every month to be honest...

Sara
Miss V's Busy Bees
500 Follower Giveaway / 5 giveaways - 5 winners!
Advent Calendar Swap Sign Ups!