Sunday, October 14, 2012

Prometheus + Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I did a little movie talking a few weeks ago...and I've been trying to see some of the newer movies. Although that doesn't always happen. Today it's all about Prometheus & Diary of a Wimpy Kid :)



Source: movie.douban.com via Xavier on Pinterest

Blurb: 
A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race. 

My Thoughts:
I've never seen any of the Alien movies, but from what I gather, Prometheus is a prequel to those movies. I watched this whole movie even though I thought it was a little hard to get through and slow. I had hopes that it would get awesome. It didn't.

The special effects were awesome! The film was very Giger-esque.

Source: io9.com via IAR on Pinterest
 
The actors were incredible. 
 
David is an android - he is kind of evil, but kind of not. 
I feel like he is the one I connected with most...

Source: Uploaded by user via Uzzo on Pinterest
 
Meredith Vickers is the head of the ship. Queen Bee. Top Bitch.
Charlize Theron never disappoints me. She is amazing in every role that she's in. Regardless of if I like the movie or not.

Source: Uploaded by user via Uzzo on Pinterest
 
Elizabeth Shaw is very captivating as a character.
The actress, Noomi Rapace, absolutely blew it out of the water.
 
Source: sawb.soup.io via Lucy on Pinterest

So what was lacking? I don't even know how to explain it really. The premise is something I would totally watch. Some parts were interesting and exciting, but a majority of the movie was slow and boring. For someone who has no prior knowledge to the Alien saga, I feel like I was lost. But this is a prequel, so it should include all the information/knowledge I would need to know, right? Guess not. I give this one 2 stars out of 5. I'm sure there are some people out there who loved it. My husband and I both agreed: cool effects, great cast, but overall not something we would purchase or watch again.




Source: upload.wikimedia.org via Trish on Pinterest

Blurb:
To Greg Heffley, middle school is the dumbest idea ever invented. It's a place rigged with hundreds of social landmines, not the least of which are morons, wedgies, swirlies, bullies, lunchtime banishment to the cafeteria floor - and a festering piece of cheese with nuclear cooties. To survive the never-ending ordeal and attain the recognition and status he feels he so richly deserves, Greg devises an endless series of can't-miss schemes, all of which, of course, go awry. And he's getting it all down on paper, via a diary - "it's NOT a diary, it's a journal!" Greg insists, preferring the less-sissyfied designation - filled with his opinions, thoughts, tales of family trials and tribulations, and (would-be) schoolyard triumphs. "One day when I'm famous," writes Greg, "I'll have better things to do than answer people's stupid questions all day." So was born the Wimpy Kid's diary.

Source: moviefanatic.com via Sarah on Pinterest


My Thoughts:
Call me crazy, but I absolutely adore this movie and I really really really want to read the books even if they are meant for 8 year old boys or something like that. I caught the movie one night on ABC Family and fell in love instantly. The characters are insanely hilarious. I was laughing the whole time and I even caught my husband watching parts of it too.




Source: slodive.com via Pavan on Pinterest

Blurb:
Back in middle school after summer vacation, Greg Heffley and his older brother Rodrick must deal with their parents' misguided attempts to have them bond.

Source: google.co.uk via Nadine on Pinterest

My Thoughts:
So after seeing the first DOAWK, you know I went straight to watch the 2nd. I need to get my hands on the third. I'm not gonna lie. Rodrick is awesome. Kind of cute too. I loved the second way more than the first, which is crazy. If you haven't seen the movies, WATCH THEM. And be prepared to see a little DOAWK book reviews coming up. Sometime. When I can get the chance to read them!

Source: Uploaded by user via Therese on Pinterest

1 comment:

Melissa said...

OMG twinsies.
So, we also watched Prometheus this weekend. My husband had been waiting months for it to come out & he went & bought the dvd. He loved it. I thought it was ok but I'm also not a huge Alien fan either...I've only seen 1 I think & probably not the whole thing.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Ok...I read the first 3 to the kids & LOVED them. We all cracked up reading them & they are super cute & funny. Then Ayden (my 8 year old son for anyone else reading this) started reading them on his own. He blew through all 6 books in about 2 weeks! We own the 2nd movie & i LOVE it. Yesterday there was nothing on & we were all bored & I actually wanted to watch it so we did :) I can't wait to see the next movie actually. We were supposed to see it in theaters but then we never did. You should read them to the kids! You all would love them. Oh, and the mom totally reminds me of myself sometimes. ;)