Saturday, October 6, 2012

What is That Smell?!? (mildly NSFW)

So for the last month and a half or so, when I've walked outside I have smelled this horrid smell.

It is the smell of nasty, nasty man juice. Quite honestly, it smells like someone dropped a bucket of sock stock (I just made that up - pretty proud of that) on my sidewalk in front of my front door.

So...I started to get really annoyed when even after it rained, it still smelled. One day, I pointed it out to Nick because I literally thought I was going crazy and he said he smelled it too, but didn't want to say anything either. I had also noticed we had these mushrooms pop up in my little lily bed. They were new, so I decided to start googling mushrooms that smell like semen.

Upon some Google Diagnosing, I discovered the name of the mushrooms and confirmed they WERE the source of the smell.

Now here's the thing about these mushrooms...they are very phallic. Accurately phallic.

Here's the NSFW part.




{you've been warned}







....still okay with seeing this?





....







This particular mushroom is called the phallus ravenelii or stinkhorn mushroom. That's right..it's scientific name starts with phallus. Apparently, they are also anatomically correct underneath the ground - check out this forum I found - there's a little cursing, but if you have a dude's sense of humor, it's completely hilarious: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1208415


Poor little droopy guy.

8 comments:

Genna said...

Hahaha! This is hilarious! At least you know here your problem is now.

Melissa said...

OMG!!! hahhhahaha this is awesome. I mean it's not, but I love how you investigated it. Ok at my house sometimes when I walk outside I notice a funky smell too...only sometimes though so I'm gonna start paying more attention & start sleuthing around like you did. And wow...yeah those def are NSFW :)

Amy CookingAdventures said...

omgosh! I laughed so hard when I saw this (the forum was hysterical, too). I need a good laugh today!

Jessica Bevil said...

Bahahaha! That is too funny :D Atleast you discovered the source of the smell though.

-Jessica
www.sugarinmygrits.com

Mrs. K said...

LOL Oh, gross! I remember you tweeting about that smell. I used to get that smell when I walked outside in our house in GA. Hmm...I wonder if these were lurking around my yard, too.

Dara said...

oh my goodness!

Jessica @ O. Alouette said...

I literally covered my mouth and gasped when I saw the picture! Omg why do those exist?! The pictures on the other site are even more ridiculous! Good grief, nature lol.

becomingjudie said...

Nature has a wicked sense of humor!
Hahaha :) At least, the source of the problem isn't a mystery anymore :)

- Judie