Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rock of Ages & Mirror Mirror

A few weeks ago, it was Prometheus & Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies...

Today, it's Rock of Ages & Mirror Mirror. I also was going to add The Informant! in here too, but it was so horrible that I gave up after 10 minutes.


Source: cinema.com.my via Bailahmos on Pinterest



Overall, Rock of Ages is fun and watchable. There are many good parts, but there are a few things that bothered me...one: Tom Cruise. I just cannot stand him. I wish they would've cast someone else as Stacee Jaxx.

Source: reelz.com via Lori on Pinterest

Number two: Julianne Hough. She was fine until she started singing and then I just wanted to punch her in the face and make her stop. Too much like Christina Aguliera - BARF! I did like Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin, Diego Boneta, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Paul Giamiatti. They were all great! I loved the mash up of We Built This City/We're Not Gonna Take It. I would give it 3 maaaaaybe 3 1/2 stars.



Source: movieinsider.com via Mel on Pinterest
 
After seeing Snow White and the Huntsman, I figured I would be in for another disappointing rendition of Snow White. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. It was funny, quirky, witty, and just overall amazing. It had a great cast. It's definitely one of my new favorites! Julia Roberts played the perfect witch - I adored Nathan Lane as her little servant.

Lily Collins played a perfect Snow White - innocent and naive, but gorgeous, fierce, and brave! The dwarves were epicly amazing and mischievous and just the best!

Source: hitfix.com via Susie on Pinterest
 
And the prince - they just did him right. The whole story was just really well done. A definite 5 star - go see this - rating from me!

Source: filmofilia.com via Susie on Pinterest
Have y'all seen either one of these (or attempted The Informant)? What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't stand Tom Cruise either! Which is why I haven't seen that movie yet. I've been debating watching Mirror, Mirror for a while now. The kids had wanted to see it but I wasn't sure if they'd be into it. Do you think it would be a good kids movie? For an 8 & almost 5 year old?

Amber McCain said...

I've seen Mirror mirros! It was actually pretty cute!
And I was super excited to see rock of ages until I started reading not so thrilling reviews :(

Chantal said...

I fell asleep during The Informant... but I loved Rock of Ages!

Lauren said...

I reallllllly dislike Tom Cruise. He's a major weirdo. We were going to watch Rock of Ages the other day...glad we didn't! And I've been wanting to see Mirror Mirror. I love Julia Roberts:)