Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Best of 2012

Hope you all had a super magical, wonderferous Christmas! :) I decided to make a Best of...post...I'm not even sure what all is going to be on here. But it's going to be crazy!

Best Reads of 2012

Divergent (Divergent #1)FractureInsurgent (Divergent, #2)The Other LifeTouch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)The Fault in Our StarsAcross the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)Entangled (Spellbound #1)13 to Life (13 to Life #1)

My Reviews:



Best Movies of 2012

The Hunger Games: Definitely one of the very best book to movie adaptations I've seen. I was worried it'd be butchered. There weren't too many changes which was great. I love Jennifer Lawrence. I'm very excited for Catching Fire. [Blog post review: here]

Source: imgfave.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Dark Shadows: You really cannot go wrong when it comes to a Johnny Depp movie. 
This one was absolutely hilarious. [Blog post review: here]

Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Ted: When I saw the synopsis in the end of 2011 about this movie, I was definitely skeptical. 
When I saw the previews, I was on board. Seth MacFarlane is a genius. Hubby and I saw this for a date night and it was absolutely hilarious. There were so many moments of not-breathing laughing. [Blog post review: here]

Source: fortunefavors11.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Looper: I would have to say this is the best movie I've seen all year. I'm a huge JGL fan. I like Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt too. The time travel/assassination plot was well thought out and well executed. [Blog post review: here]

Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest

 
The Campaign: This one was a lot more crude than I expected, but I was totally okay with it. 
I love crude humor that may or may not take it to far. We laughed throughout the whole movie. 
[Blog post review: here]

Source: imdb.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Mirror, Mirror: After being incredibly disappointed by Snow White & The Huntsman, I turned to the competitor Snow White movie. Mirror ended up being amazing. It was funny, sweet, light-hearted, and more. Julia Roberts played an evil queen brilliantly. The male lead - the Prince - reminded me so much of Ewan McGregor. [Blog Post Review: here]

Source: movieinsider.com via Sarah on Pinterest



Best TV Shows of 2012

Game of Thrones: Season 2 did NOT disappoint.

Source: google.co.uk via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Modern Family: My husband I started watching this in October. We watched the previous seasons and then caught up. It's definitely our most favorite tv show. I can never pick a favorite character - I love them all.

Source: pinterestwomen.org via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Adventure Time: We discovered this show this year too. My husband and I will watch it after the kids are in bed. We have plans to do a family-theme Halloween in AT style. Hubby is going to be Ice King, I'm gonna be Princess Bubblegum, Matthew is going to be Finn (and carry a Jake stuffed animal), and Cami is going to be Marceline the vampire.

Source: pokemonmasterjhon.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


The Vampire Diaries - I started watching TVD in the end of 2011 and marathoned until I caught up. I was very Team Stefan in the beginning, but now I'm Team Damon. People told me that I would come around :)

Source: fc04.deviantart.net via Sarah on Pinterest


What were your favorite books, movies, and tv shows of 2012?

4 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I totally agree with you on Divergent & Insurgent - Can't wait for #3!

tara said...

i need to add some of your top books to my to-read list! :)

Madison said...

I loved Divergent but haven't read the second one yet! I was going to buy it at a local bookstore over the weekend but their only copy was rather dinged up and the dustjacket was all creased. :( Boo!

Love Vampire Diaries since the night it premiered. The hubs was sure it'd be terrible and that I'd end up hating it. But three years later, I was CRUSHED when I remembered today is Thursday and no new episode. Damon is the best!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

On the second to last day of 2012, I have watched six episodes of Homeland. New obsession.

My other top TV shows: Revenge, Vampire Diaries.

Books:
Gone Girl
Tigers in Red Weather
Rules of Civility
The Fault in our Stars
Four novels (in order) by Tana French