Sunday, December 16, 2012

Looper

A few weeks ago, I talked about The Campaign. We actually saw The Campaign and Looper days apart. So Looper is not fresh in my mind, however, I will try and get my "OMG THIS IS AMAZING" out there. Because that's precisely how I feel.

I adore this movie poster!

Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest
 
Synopsis via IMDB: In 2074, when the mob wants to get rid of someone, the target is sent 30 years into the past, where a hired gun awaits. Someone like Joe, who one day learns the mob wants to 'close the loop' by transporting back Joe's future self.


Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest

When I was a little itty bitty girl and Angels in the Outfield came out - it was like my favorite movie and I had the hugest crush on JGL. I feel like he's one of those child stars that kept it together and turned into a brilliant actor as an adult. I have seen many movies of his and never been disappointed.
 
I have always like Bruce Willis too. In fact, for some reason, I seem to get him when I try to do the celebrity lookalike thing. Hmm...

Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest

Looper is a little difficult to grasp at first. Not in a very overpowering, negative way, but it's a movie where you cannot shut off your brain. You have to let it figure out everything. It's very amazing. The world building and the character building was outstanding. The whole cast was incredible. This is only my second time seeing Emily Blunt in a movie - and she is very talented and convincing. She's also so beautiful. Emily Blunt's son in the movie blew me away - he was so brilliant for being such a young little guy. The plot was well done. It's honestly one of my newest favorite movies. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it again and again and again!


Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest

3 comments:

Madison said...

I'm always wary of time travel type of movies since it tends to get complicated very quickly. Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon Levitt are both great actors. Didn't know Emily Blunt was in it and I've liked her in a few movies. So maybe whenever it comes out onto Netflix I'll give it a try.

Abbey said...

I've been wanting to see this one! Glad to hear it didn't disappoint. :)

jen @ i like big books said...

i really liked it but it was a bit confusing. i hate how they changed JGL's face though!!