Friday, December 14, 2012

Nail Files #50


Julep Vivien
Okay, so I got my second Julep box...and I've tried out all three of the polishes. Vivien is amazingly adorable and I love it. But it chipped really fast. I tried to do the first pinspiration nail with the green polish, but it totally peeled off with the tape. I've ended up cancelling my Julep Maven subscription. The colors are amazing, but the polish doesn't meet my nail polish standards.


Pinspiration {Holiday Nails}:

Adorable Christmas trees!

Source: bluetapeandnails.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest


A cute French for the holidays

Source: 3.bp.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Snowflake nails tutorial.

Source: homemadecosmetics.blogspot.ca via Sarah on Pinterest


Rudolph Nails Tutorial

Source: blanketprint.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest

8 comments:

jennie shaw said...

I got the same Maven box this month and, like you, LOVED Vivien. And also like you, I tried the Christmas tree design with tape but found that the lines bled. I'm still kind of iffy on whether I'm going to keep my subscription. The brushes are all wonky (only one didn't need to be trimmed) so we'll see what the New Year brings in terms of colours. Is it just the Julep polishes that chips on your nails? Maybe it needs a different brand of top coat? I love the theory of Julep--low-odor--but I'm not 100% sold. Whoa, that was a long comment! Haha!

Life With Lauren said...

I like your color! I have got to try the snowflake!

Les said...

That french manicure with Christmas colors! And that snowflake mani is so cute, too!

Have a great weekend!

Melissa @ Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

Ok I'm glad i'm not the only one who can't get the tape to work. It never works for me!!! That's why my manis are always boring :/
I do love that color though!

Essie Rae iHeartPrettyPolish said...

Sorry Julep doesn't work for you. I have nothing but good luck - but I don't have many of the glitters. Hopefully you can make the ones work that you did receive.

Christina said...

I feel like my glitter always chips, no matter how much top coat I use. It bums me out, but at least it's not as noticeable as regular cream polish. These pins are all so cute. I wish I had the patience to make my nails super cute.

tara said...

bummer that julep doesn't work for you! :(

Kimberlee said...

Aw what a bummer. My friend told me that nails have their own chemical makeup so sometimes products don't work on all nails. But you're the first person I've heard of having this issue with Julep, maybe it's the base coat? I know I love them and have had no issus.