Thursday, January 31, 2013

January in Review

The first monthly review for 2013. I've decided to not include "goals" this year because I'm going to have the same ones all year round. They include: staying organized, putting my all into my blogs, balancing life as a mom, army wife, and blogger, and reading a ton!

So here's what I've been up to..


  1. I plan to read so much in 2013. I will hit 100 books this year! Last year I was at 96...so close. Here's the January TBR List.
  2. I started to do a weekly linky hosted by my friend Melissa called Things I Don't Love Thursday. You can find those posts: here, here, here, here, and here.
  3. It wouldn't be 2013 without me showing off my pretty nails for Nail Files....okay, well, it would still be 2013. But look: Week 53, Week 54, Week 55, and Week 56.
  4. I started recapping my weekend's with the announcement of The Pinspiration Project's Top 3.  It's a way to show readers what I'm up to. This also includes showing you what recipes I shared on my food blog. Although we have changed it to just Most Clicked and My Favorite. Here, here, here, and here.
  5. The Pinspiration Project is back. It's an all new year and time to blow Pinterest out of the water. I invite you to share something you've done off Pinterest or make it a new personal goal to not only pin stuff, but actually DO the stuff you pin. Week 18, Week 19, Week 20, and Week 21.
  6. I started legit designing blogs this month. It's really exciting, but also not preventing me from changing my own as I thought. LOL. I did one for Heather of The Fox Family and another for my friend, Jessica, of Hated on the Playground.
  7. Product Review: Firmoo.com. Have you heard of Firmoo? I love love love them. Check out my post.
  8. I participated in Bout of Books from the 7th to the 14th. At the finish line, I wrote a post about my accomplishments.
  9. How were your holidays? You know the ones that took place weeks ago?? I finally made a post with tons of pictures about our 3 weeks in Tennessee.
  10. My husband and I got to see This is Forty. You wanna know what I thought of it? Go here :)
  11. I read 7 books this month. I want to at least read 8 each month though, two a week, if I can manage.
What I reviewed:
  • Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman [here]
  • As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott [here]
  • 13 to Life by Shannon Delany [here]
  • Cherry Cheesecake Murder by Joanne Fluke [here]
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin [here]
  • The Awakening & The Struggle by LJ Smith [here]
How has your month been?

3 comments:

Melissa {Persnickety Plates} said...

I like your new design a lot! Stars are my thing so those got me :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Hold up. I didn't know you did blog design.

I've been thinking of redoing mine.

I love when you list your books out, I always get some good ones to put on my To Read list.

Trish said...

oh i like this post! sounds like a good month!

trish @ tales from ...