Thursday, January 17, 2013

Things I Don't Love Thursday

{Hosted by Lulu & Sweet Pea}

What I'm not loving lately...


You are gonna make me fat.
I probably hear this phrase more than anything...
It drives me insane. Have you met my family?
 I am the one holding one of the kiddos back. The kiddos are mine. Hubby is behind me with the tie.



Do you notice how we're all skinny?
So when people tell me eating ONE sweet I have made or something delicious I have made...it kind of ticks me off. I know that most people probably mean it as a compliment, like "ZOMFG YOUR FOOD IS DELICIOUS" - but hey, just say "OMFG YOUR FOOD IS DELICIOUS" - it'll be much more flattering. Because I have been cooking for myself and my hubs and kids for five years now. If five years of my food hasn't made any of us fat, one portion of my food on one day is not going to make you fat.  It's nearly as bad as "How are you not fat?!" - because I eat well. Everything that I eat is made as much from scratch and using as many fresh ingredients as possible. I don't drink soda. I don't eat fast food or eat at restaurants that often. I eat lots of fruits and veggies. That's how I'm not fat.
 


Links to homepages in linky parties/blog hops.
After that rant, this one seems silly. LOL. But for serious, guys, this is one of my biggest pet peeves. Please...if you are one of those people who just link up your blog's url to a linky party, STOP! I hate wading through days of posts to find the one that is relavant. Just go to your relevant post and copy/paste that url. It actually is better for your blog too. I guarantee you'll see a better response.



People who do not know how to drive. 
I will now leave you all with a comic from the ever-awesome The Oatmeal.


Source: lolsnaps.com via Shonda on Pinterest

5 comments:

amber.m said...

I second all of these!

Verte Photo said...

ROTF! Great post! I really really loved it!

Im a new follower from the GYB hop - can't wait to read more!

Vertephoto.blogspot.com

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

hahahhahahahahhaha! Love these. Esp the last one! :) I have those on my car too

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

HILARIOUS cartoon. Holy crap.

Carla Bonesteel said...

Great collections of hates! I pretty much agree with all of them...especially "You're gonna make me fat!" If you offer them salad, are they going to say' "You're gonna make me skinny?"