Thursday, January 31, 2013

Things I Don't Love Thursday

{Hosted by Lulu & Sweet Pea}

Nail Polish Chipping.
Bane of my existence, yo. I love painting my nails. I'm not a girly girl and I'm horrible with everything dealing with hair and makeup, but I can paint the hell out of my nails. However, I am rough on my hands - I'm constantly in my kitchen cooking, baking, and then cleaning. So I have to have a polish that withstands my abuse. I love OPI, Essie, and Wet'N'Wild. I DESPISE Julep and China Glaze. Sorry, folks who love them. They chip like crazy. Melissa, my nail tech friend and bloggy BFF, gave me tips on how to minimize chipping and that works for my faves. But nothing prevents Julep and China Glaze from chipping.



Periods + Anemia.
Oh yes. This is a splendidly amazing combination....not. In all reality, this combination is the bane of my existence. So here's the thing...girls with periods...you know how you get all the beautiful symptoms - cramping, fevers, fatigue, headaches, mood swings, and the gushing of blood from your body...well, anemia loves that time of the month. LOVES it. Some of the symptoms of anemia are fatigue, headaches, irritability...and anemia symptoms are completely exaggerated for me once a month because of the loss of blood.  I seriously just want to crawl in a hole and die once a month. I'm so tired. I'm trying to recover right now from a week of pure torture.

Source: pin4fun7351.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: lickystickypickywe.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Car Trouble.
I am a smart person. I love learning. I'm a huge know-it-all. As an adult whose husband may or may not be gone for a year at a time, I want to learn about car maintenance and just cars in general. I have tried soaking in knowledge from my husband and his brother for years now. Nothing ever sticks. It's frustrating for me. It's just so over my head! Whenever I have something wrong with my car, I feel helpless. I don't know what's wrong a majority of the time and I don't know what to do. All I can do is try not to cry and call Nick. Last week, it was bitterly cold here in upstate NY. Negative degrees. Like -20. My car decided it was not going to start while I was out running errands with the kids in the town next to our military base. I tried to start it 6 times and then picked up my phone to call my husband...then it started. I almost had an anxiety attack. I hate feeling so vulnerable and dumb. My car has since been working perfectly fine, so we think maybe it was like...FUCK THE COLD. Yep.


Source: funnymama.com via Noha on Pinterest
 
What are YOU not loving lately?

5 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

Periods...ugh! Sometimes it's such a pain in the ass to be a female. I've had terrible PMS the past 2 months. No fun!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I'm tough on my nails too with the cooking and cleaning.

The only polishes that consistently holds up for me is Essie and Zoya. Zoya is a freaking champ.

OPI is third. It wears worse though, it seems to fade in. Does that make sense?

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

Chips are why I'm loving my gel mani!!!! I haven't worn regular polish in about a month now. The cool thing is that you can do your toes & it last FOREVER cuz your toenails grow slower and hardly chip.


And dude...I feel ya on the uterus thing. I can feel a war stirring in mine & any day now we go to battle haha. GROSS

Fifi said...

Lol!! Love this post.


Newest follower via the hop.

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

have you ever had a gel polish mani? i got one for the first time a few weeks ago! amazing! it never chips!!