Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Update


Now typically I would just do my TPP Top 3 on Mondays, but per my decision to work on making FFTB better in 2013 - I'm now doing a weekend update as well. And...I will be linking up with Sami's Shenanigans and Join the Gossip.



I figure I should be able to make more of an effort to include my actual life if I do the weekend update :) I'm also including recipes from my food blog from the previous week. Now for today, there is no Top 3 portion because of the holidays. Stop by tomorrow for the first Pinspiration Project of the new year!

So...what's the haps?

Friday night we left Tennessee to make our 16 hour drive home with two kids, two cats, and a trunkful of Christmas stuff.

We made it home on Saturday around 11am. We came home to this lovely sight. 
P.S. That's a 6 foot fence.


Our friends came by to shovel a few times while we were gone. But when we had left mid-December, there was NO snow on the ground. It's officially winter. Ick. My car got stuck in the driveway and we spent about 2 to 3 hours shoveling.

I ran out for a few groceries to last us until Tuesday. I may or may not have gotten things to make hot cocoa and a cheese ball because today is the beginning of Cookie Dough week on my food blog and I was not prepared as I have been. I mean I have recipes scheduled in April. But I didn't get the cookie dough stuff made in a timely manner.

Speaking of the food blog....
Here's what I shared last week:
  • Countdown to 2013: Best Desserts [here]
  • Countdown to 2013: Reader Favorites [here]
  • Countdown to 2013: 2012 Recap [here]


Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
Today starts the Bout of Books 6.0 readathon. I will most likely update in my goals post. I also am participating in a huge giveaway over at Peacoats & Plaid that goes live at 10am EST.


And I think that is all that I can rattle out of my brain at the time being! :)
Stop by tomorrow for the first The Pinspiration Project linky party of 2013!

3 comments:

Melissa @ Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

I love love LOVE your new weekend update! Great idea & it def IS easier for your readers to touch base with you if they've missed anything during the week or haven't been online :) And I LOVE your TPP button at the top! Fancy

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I totally missed that you have a food blog, I'm following that now.

Holy crap that's a lot of snow to come home to.

tara said...

OMG that snow is insane!!!!