Sunday, February 3, 2013

Looking Forward To...

So I don't know about y'all, but I'm excited for a bunch of movies this year. It seems like a very promising year in films! Each December, I go on to Wikipedia and look at the next year in film and take note of which ones sound interesting based on who is in it or what it's about.

So here are some of the movies I am looking forward to until the end of June...

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Release Date: 25 January
Starring: Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton

Source: upcoming-movies.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Have y'all seen the previews for this one? It just looks so badass! 
I love retellings of traditional folklore/fairytales. I hope to see this one soon.
 
Warm Bodies
Release Date: 1 February
Starring: Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer, John Malkovich

Source: cinemark.com via Sarah on Pinterest  
 
I saw the trailer for this one when we saw The Hobbit in December. I immediately wanted to see it. And then I realized that it was based on a book and I had almost put it on my to-read list a few times. It's definitely on there now and I really want to read the book prior to seeing the movie. I love the basis of the storyline and how the POV is the zombie!
 
 
 Identity Thief
Release Date: 8 February
Starring: Melissa McCarthy, Jason Bateman, Amanda Peet, John Cho

Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest
 
I have fallen in love with MM. I wasn't a huge fan of Bridesmaids, but she was definitely the standout actress in that. I really started to like her after the episode of SNL that she hosted. She's a brilliant comedienne! This movie looks too funny.
 
 
Beautiful Creatures
Release Date: 13 February
Starring: Alice Englert, Alden Ehrenreich, Emmy Rossum, 
Jeremy Irons, Emma Thompson, Viola Davis

Source: impawards.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
I just finished the first book in the Caster Chronicles last month. I have been stalking trailers and patiently awaiting the release of this movie. I'm a little weary of a few things, but honestly I think that they will do the book right and the movie will be okay. The only thing I am peeved about is the combining of Marian and Amma. I love the casting so far (except Ethan).
 
 
The To-Do List
Release Date: 14 February (although I'm reading 16 August in some places??)
Starring: Aubrey Plaza, Bill Hader, Andy Samberg

Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
This movie...go find the trailer. You cannot go wrong with Bill Hader and Andy Samberg. I think a great comedic movie is long overdue and this one is probably going to be that one for me!

 
Oz the Great and Powerful
Release Date: 8 March
Starring: James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams, Rachel Weiss, Zach Braff

Source: trailers.apple.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
The trailer for this one makes me such a happy person. I waited for a long time for them to make Wicked into a film instead of just a broadway musical that I'll likely never get to see (*Debbie Downer moment*). So this is like Wicked and Alice in Wonderland had a baby and I get to babysit that baby for a few hours while eating candy and popcorn. LOL
 
 
The Host
Release Date: 29 March
Starring: Max Irons, Saoirse Ronan, Diane Kruger

Source: pissedoffgeek.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
I have yet to read the book, but that is also on my to-read list for this year. My husband has read it and he said he liked it, so hopefully that means that I will too. I've seen the trailers and it definitely looks promising.
 
 
Scary Movie 5
Release Date: 12 April
Starring: Ashley Tisdale, Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen, Terry Crews, Kate Walsh, Molly Shannon, Heather Locklear, Erica Ash, Mike Tyson, Audrina Patridge, Kendra Wilkinson

Source: bodakedi.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
As far as I know, this is an old poster...because I've been tracking this movie for a while and it was supposed to come out last year. I'm a sucker for these movies and have seen every last cheesy spoofy one of them. I'm bummed that Anna Faris isn't in this one, but I still have hope that it'll be good.
 
 
Star Trek into Darkness
Release Date: 17 May
Starring: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, John Cho, Simon Pegg,

Source: mashable.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
I may or may not have teased my husband about being a Trekkie and totally didn't care to see the first Star Trek movie...and then I did see the first one and NERDGASM. I LOVED IT! It's got a great cast...I bawled my eyes out within the first 20 minutes and was completely hooked throughout it. I've been waiting for the sequel for what already seems like forever!


This is the End
Release Date: 14 June
Starring: James Franco, Seth Rogan, Danny McBride, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, 
Jay Baruchel, Craig Robinson, Emma Watson, Jason Segel, Paul Rudd, 
Michael Cera, Rihanna, Kevin Hart, Mindy Kaling

Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest
 
I swear that I would watch anything with Seth Rogan in it. I also am a sucker for anything with James Franco, Danny McBride, Jason Segel, and Paul Rudd in it...also can we talk about how incredibly epic Kevin Hart is?? Yep. This movie is going to be awesome. So so awesome!
 
 
World War Z
Release Date: 21 June
Starring: Brad Pitt

Source: latino-review.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
I have been stalking this movie too - it was supposed to come out 21Dec2012, but didn't...and it's been pushed back a lot. I did get to see a trailer on Youtube and that was pretty awesome. The zombies look crazy. And as always, Brad Pitt seems like he's going to deliver a stellar performance.  
 
 
I am also looking forward to these movies: Movie 43 (25 January), Jack the Giant Slayer (1 March),  The Croods (22 March), Oblivion (12 April), Pain & Gain (26 April), The Great Gatsby (10 May), Epic (24 May), After Earth (7 June), Monsters University (21 June), and Kick Ass 2 (28 June). 


What are y'all looking forward to for the first half of 2013 in film??

5 comments:

Chantal said...

Yes i want to see some of these! Though probably won't in theatres. It's so hard with the baby!

lily white english rose said...

its like you read my mind, i ant to see so many of these films but am most excited for hansel and gretel and beautiful creatures (trailer is AMAZING!!!)
http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

Karrie S said...

Thanks for hosting the $100 Amazon GC giveaway!

thischickwins said...

I'm waiting on Stoker- Nicole Kidman seems like such an unhinged mother in it.

Heather Fox said...

I am so pumped for Oz! I have my 5 year old reminding me that we are going to see it every chance she gets. Ha