Sunday, February 17, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook


Source: mbird.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 

Synopsis from IMDB: After a stint in a mental institution, former teacher Pat Solitano moves back in with his parents and tries to reconcile with his ex-wife. Things get more challenging when Pat meets Tiffany, a mysterious girl with problems of her own. 
 
 
My Thoughts: I saw the movie first, then realized it was based on a book and read the book. I can full say both get 5 stars from me. There are some pretty major differences, however, the movie and book both have the exact same mood and the actors cast were perfection.
 
Jennifer Lawrence - girl can do no wrong. She was incredible, believable. When I first saw the previews, I thought the age difference was weird and didn't want to see it. Then I decided to see it and I'm so glad I did. I read that the movie peeps were worried about the age difference too, but JL totally killed her read and she IS Tiffany. Just wow! 

Source: tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
I have now watched three Bradley Cooper movies...The Hangover, Limitless, and SLP. This is the movie that made me a Bradley Cooper fan. Unbelievable performance. He was the perfect Pat. He made me fall in love with the character and the movie as a whole. Brilliant!


Source: 24.media.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
As you can tell, I love this movie. I, of course, highly recommend it. Go see it! Go rent it! Whatever you can do to see this movie...DO IT. And read the book - review on the book to come :)
 
Trailer:

3 comments:

Amber C. said...

Love this movie. Thought is was really well done! :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I loved it too, and as a Philadelphian it was true to the city too.

Chantal said...

I heard this movie is really good. I want to see it!