Thursday, February 14, 2013

Things I Don't Love Thursday

{Hosted by Lulu & Sweet Pea}

How I Feel After Drinking Alcohol.
Okay...so I started drinking at 13. I clearly took a break during pregnancy and postpartum times. Overall, I'm just kind of over drinking to get drunk. So Saturday night in a 4 hour period, I had a really amazing glass of red wine, some of my husband's wildberry mead, and half a beer. The next day my stomach was all tore up. My stomach always kills me the next day. Everything else is fine...no matter how much or how little I drink, my stomach hurts the next day. It drives me bonkers!


My Insecurities with Baking.
Every time I bake anything I freak out. I'm so scared and insecure that it will be gross or burn or something. My mom went to school for making and decorating sweets, so I feel like I have to live up to that. My mom was good at it...I should be too. And I am. (Not to toot my own horn) But I'm so nervous that I will screw everything up. I can cook like there's no tomorrow and I love it. But I'm all nerves when baking.

Look at this amazing bunch of bars and brownies I've rounded up:

And these Nutella cupcakes!


Dropping Kindles in the Toilet.
Oh yeah...that happened. I bring my Kindle everywhere...if it isn't within 6 inches of my body, something is wrong. So so wrong. Last Wednesday, I flipped my Kindle off the bathroom counter and into the toilet and killed it. I cried a little. But Amazon was amazing and sent me a replacement that got there on Friday.  I'm complete again.





What are you not loving lately?
P.S. Happy Valentine's Day!



 photo fortunesiggy_zps8aec6f49.png

5 comments:

Lauren Loeffel said...

My stomach always gets crazy when I drink wine.
I suck at decorating baked goodies.
And I would absolutely DIE if my Kindle was killed. But that's awesome that Amazon sent you another one!!

Madison said...

I recently dropped my iphone into the toilet at work. It was only in there for maybe half a second but it still messed it up. When I got home I stuck it in a bowl of dry rice overnight and it worked perfectly the next day. I considered that a miracle, lol.

Baking from scratch is so much work! I always want to try but I get so lazy. And I tend to use way more bowls and things than probably necessary so I end up with waaaaay more dishes and doing dishes is not fun :( So I usually just stick to box things. Do you not bake box things well either?

Enjoying the Epiphany said...

Your blog is great! I found you on the GYB hop and am your newest follower! I was hopin' that you'd hop on by my blog, stay a while, and follow back if you like what you read!

Have a lovely day,
Sarah
www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

Ochi Bernadas said...

Hey, I'm a new follower! Found you at the GYFBH! I work for Amazon and yes, we're Amazing like that. Lol.

I'd love it if you can follow me back :)

xoxo
ochibernadas.blogspot.com

Shelley Paige said...

Hi Sarah! Thanks for stopping by my blog and agreeing with my thoughts on natural PB...naturally gross!

Also, POOR KINDLE!! That sucks!!