Sunday, March 3, 2013

Django Unchained


Source: behance.net via Sarah on Pinterest
 
Synopsis via IMDB: With the help of a German bounty hunter, a freed slave sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner.

My Thoughts: It is really hard for me to put into thoughts how much I loved this movie. I originally had no desire to see it and then my husband told me it was a Tarantino movie and I was ON BOARD. My husband introduced me to Tarantino when we were dating and I love his movies. The cinematography of his movies blows my mind.

You have an insanely talented cast: Christoph Waltz, Leonardo Dicaprio, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Foxx, Don Johnson, Kerry Washington, etc. An INSANE script. Oh my gosh. I just cannot get over how awesome this movie is. Both my husband and I think that it is Tarantino's best - better than Pulp Fiction.

Christoph Waltz is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite actors. 
I think this is only the second movie I've seen him in. He plays a super incredible villain.
But he isn't a villain here in Django. His character was my favorite in the movie.

Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest

Jamie Foxx was also superb. The movie itself has many very funny moments.
This one right here is probably my favorite funny scene.

Source: amoebalanding.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest

A lot of forums are saying that Foxx' performance was lame and undynamic, but I beg to differ. 
Just look at this still...that's emotion right there.

Source: Uploaded by user via Sarah on Pinterest

This scene right here just blew me away. I told my husband that I thought LD had accidentally cut his hand - and it turns out that was true. So he did this all in one take and it just blows my mind. IMDB said this, "In the scene where Leonardo DiCaprio confronts Christoph Waltz and Jamie Foxx's characters he actually cuts his hand when slamming it into the table. Leo continued on with the scene which Quentin Tarantino called "mesmerizing". " It was just absolutely crazy. He went all in with his character and his talent is unparalleled. Unparalleled, people!

Source: gijboston.tumblr.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
Jamie Foxx had said on Ellen that Leo was very skeptical at first and I found this on IMDB: Leonardo DiCaprio, whose role in the film marked the first time him playing a villain, was uncomfortable with how horrible and explicitly racist his character was. However, Quentin Tarantino convinced him to be as menacing as possible saying that if he didn't take it all the way, people would hold it against him forever. 
 
Django Unchained gets 5 {billion} Stars from me. I loved the movie. Loved all of it. It was awesome. Pure genius on Tarantino's part. Pure genius on the actors' and actresses' parts. WOW!

2 comments:

Chantal said...

I love love loved this movie too. They were all amazing, and I loved Christoph Waltz the best too!!

Angela said...

I whole-heartedly agree with your entire review!! Wonderful movie!! Christoph Waltz is fantastic!! Did you see him host SNL, so good!!