Monday, March 11, 2013

Life Happenings & Tummy Grumblings


Because TPP is no more...that means no more Most Clicked and a Favorite each Monday. I do want to continue with the little life update and reposting of my Fantastical posts. :) So this post is now dubbed "Life Happenings & Tummy Grumblings", yo!

Last week was CRAY! I mean absolutely nutso. On Monday, Matthew had a dr appt with his new dr. Just to say hello, get acquainted, make sure all his scripts were up-to-date for his eczema, allergies, and asthma. I have to say that I'm really excited. We got another great doctor and that is a huge relief.

Tuesday, we went grocery shopping, but went to Walmart because I needed a few things that I knew the commissary wouldn't have. I got Requiem and since it's only fair, Cami got a book and picked one out for her brother too. She read while she walked. Makes me grin ear-to-ear that my babies are bookworms, just like my husband and me! 

Little fun fact: Potato eyes creep me out. Found this sucker sitting behind my crockpots where I keep my onions, potatoes, and about 80 bajillion smaller kitchen appliances. Bleeeeech!

Spoil yourself with these babies. Go do it now! If your spouse asks you why, blame me and then hand them one of them. Then they will ask you to be my new bff because I have such awesome tastes!

Wednesday, we send off my package for my Lucky Leprechaun swap partner :) She got it on Friday and is so excited! Then we dropped off our cable boxes and home phone modem because we are doneso with that. We're just keeping internet!

I really need to understand why my desk looks like this.
[Notice the bajillion bottles of nail polish]

Thursday, there was a battalion steering meeting for the commanders, first sergeants, total action family program peeps, and frg leaders. I brought Dulce de Leche cheesecake bars because it was Viva la Mexico themed potluck. We did lots of good brainstorming and talking about the upcoming deployment. 

Friday was the change of command for our company. It also was my very first time attending one. AND I was mentioned by the battalion commander and our outgoing company commander :) I had lots of people turn around and smile at me - for someone who is extremely shy, I was like EEEP. For the very first time, I am sad to see the company commander go, as I have finally gotten to know and be around one for any length of time, CPT Thompson was pretty awesome and he led the company well. The new company commander, CPT Wall, seems like he is going to be great too, though. He's got an impressive track record - air assault, airborne, and ranger!

I wore my obnoxious pink crop top with an equally obnoxious green tank underneath.

We also had an FRG meeting on Friday afternoon/evening combined with 2 promotions and a quick birthday celebration of the company XO. I made 2 types of mini cheesecakes and 2 strombolis...I pretty much started baking/cooking on Wednesday and didn't stop until I left for the FRG meeting. Nick booked SSG Boyle who is with Master Resilience Training to come speak at our meeting and he was superb. I think he was our best speaker yet.

Saturday morning...ohhh lordie. I had an eye doctor appt at Walmart, but first I dropped off my car to get the oil changed. Then I grocery shopped. Then I had to wait on my car to get done. I came home and immediately started making lunch and trying to clean up the remainder of the mess from Wednesday to Friday's worth of cooking and baking. Nick took the kids outdoors to play in the snow while he washed Natalya (his car).

 I stopped out for a little bit because it was like 42* - no coat necessary! What what!

Saturday night, Nick and I bottled his blueberry habanero wheat beer and shared a bottle of his raspberry mead that is definitely the best one he's done to date!

Sunday was spent celebrating Matthew's 6th birthday [which is today] because Daddy had to go out to the field today. But I'll share more on that later :)

--------------------------------------
This week is probably not the most grumbly-inducing week on my food blog...but that's because it was BEER WEEK! I let my hubs take over the blog and talk all about homebrewing. He did an amazing job explaining everything and "dumbing" it down - because believe me, even though I've helped each time, I still don't know half the terminology!!
 
[[Day 1: Homebrewing Essentials]]

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah E. {Fantastical Sharing} on Pinterest

[[Day 2: Honey Wheat Ale recipe]]

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah E. {Fantastical Sharing} on Pinterest

[[Day 3: Racking & Bottling Stage]]

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah E. {Fantastical Sharing} on Pinterest

[[Day 4: Nut Brown Ale recipe]]

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah E. {Fantastical Sharing} on Pinterest

[[Day 5: Apple Cheddar Beer Bread]]

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah E. {Fantastical Sharing} on Pinterest

 photo fortunesiggy_zps8aec6f49.png

4 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I am dyyyying to read Requiem and see what happens! But I have to finish Beautiful Chaos first.

Bri said...

Awww...love it even more since Cami mailed it! ;)

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

I love the name of this post! I was just sitting here 2 days ago wondering what to title all of my weekend wrap up posts now that TPP is gone but I couldn't come up with anything clever :(

Your desk gives me anxiety and I want to eat all of that chocolate!

SeattleSarahSpeaks said...

Ohhh man! That beer sounds delicious! I've always wanted to make my own beer.